When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB RG & black ceramic

sssurfer

Well, after many months of thinking about it, I finally got my HBB. Mark's V2 version, rose gold + black ceramic bezel & bits.

What got me decided was a thread in the general section a while back, where Mark gave more info about this watch, but especially invaluable help from the great member Pix, who actually bought the watch then sent it to me. I have troubles in connecting with Mark's website, that keeps rejecting connections from my web provider, but especially I would have not taken the risk to have a watch this cost seized by my customs, that are quite nasty.

And Pix even performed QC on the watch before sending it to me. :)

Thanks Pix, without your help this would have never been possible!

This is not a review, I am no expert on HBB, it's just a small pics gallery.

So, here they go with no additional comments:

hbb1nk5.jpg

hbb2fq2.jpg

hbb3sb1.jpg

hbbsideuv0.jpg

hbbmovpo6.jpg

hbbclaspvm2.jpg

hbbwristui1.jpg

Thanks for looking,

:sss:

That looks fantastic on your wrist TripleS ! :D

And these are nice pictures you shot !

Despite the absence of a pronounced blue hue on the crystal in most positions, your pictures (and reality) show a crisp dial. I'm still convinced there is a single AR treatment.

What's your feeling now on this strap ? Especially concerning dust attraction ?

I take this opportunity to ask the members who swapped their strap on how to proceed. Indeed, it seems that Watchmark now sells the better strap for 30 USD. Although it would be much better to get one immediately, we still can get an improved HBB by buying the 405 VD + this 30 USD strap.

I have tried to remove the 4 screws on the "lugs", but it seems that was not enough.

Any help appreciated.

As far as I'm concerned, the next mod is definitely a rotor engraving on my lite V1.

great pics and congrats on your new hbb!!

@pix- to change the strap all you need to do is remove the 2 screws at the TOP of the lugs. pretty simple

if you have the correct screwdriver.

...just saw your that you already did that....thats weird....thats how it works on the first version. now im confused. :huh:

If these are your pictures of the movement of your watch, can you confirm that they have solved the problem of the missing fine adjuster on your latest acquisition as your movement appears to have one now? With that, the elimination of the saw toothed central rotor pin and the engraved rotor, this movement is getting closer to the gen in appearance. Then the last thing to correct would be the fat Hublot logo on the plate under the rotor but your movement seems to missing that?

Great looking watch, wear it well.

@Italiano : well, the strap was still holding after I removed the 4 screws, and I did not dare to pull the thing. Maybe that's simply what has to be done.

A springbar tool can play the role of a H screwdriver.

@Omni : this is the low-beat A7750, they all have a dummy fine regulator, it's true, that looks better. As the elimination of the saw-tooth in the middle of the rotor. To avoid to be called out with the movement, probably the best solution is to buy the Tuiga Ltd edition, with closed caseback. Unfortunately the V2 Tuiga is wrong (it has a display caseback).

Thanks everyone for your comments!

And a special thanks to Pix for helping me again on a subject I am not prepared to give meaningful replies.

About the AR, pics were taken under a white tent to diffuse the light and minimize reflections. In live, the crystal reflects quite a lot.

I doubt there is any AR. If there is, it is single-side and not very effective.

Double AR on course.