When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

England V Ecuador

cornerstone

I just finished watching the first half....and decided to catch the second half "highlights" from my DVR recording. If I had done this for the first half, I could have saved myself something in the range of 42 minutes in front of the tube on a lovely Sunday morning.

Don't get me wrong, I'm cheering for England. But I won't be for long if they keep playing the way they did in the first half.

I'm hoping Portugal - Netherlands is better.

Obviously I know very little about this round ball stuff, but I do know that the Aussie captian has stated that Italy and Australia will be a good game as neither team holds any fear of the other, because the players of both teams all play at the same level of club competition.

Hey bring it on :Jumpy:

Ken

byebye Duchy.

It was like a rugby game though.

Good for England. NO DECO & COSTINHA in Quarter-finals.

In addition to missing Deco and Costinha, Portugal has a number of other players with yellow cards who will have to be very careful about avoiding follow-up yellows, or they will be playing short-handed once again. It's a shame, because Portugal has been playing better as a team than England. After all, where would England be without penalty kicks?

England needs to bring back Crouch.

If you watched Portugal v Netherlands you might have felt right at home, Ken. At times it looked more like a rugby match than soccer.

Rugby is great, but the refs really need to chill with all of the yellow cards. I think it frustrates a team, and only causes more yellow cards. Let them play, and yellow card ONLY when necessary. Besides, they are all just playing to see who gets to lose to eventual champ-------------- ENGLAND.