When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'll Never Buy Another Tissot

Antonio

I bought my Seastar 660 for a trip to Hawaii, so I could wear a watch snorkeling. In 5 feet of water, first day, it leaked. I sent it to the repair place in NJ because the dealer can't just give me a new one (nice policy). Sent it in on June 6, they received it the 8th. I knew they'd have to assess the damage. Needs new seals and a lot of work to correct the movement that was water damaged (salt water). And the new crown is holding it up until August sometime. TWO TO THREE MONTHS WHEN I'VE ONLY HAD IT A WEEK?!?!?!?! For that they could send me a new one, but NOOOOOOO.

I strongly urge everyone not to buy Tissot. It's not worth the headache if something goes wrong.

Wow, a happy ending to this after all.

The Amercian headquarters was dragging their feet and didn't call when they said they would. After contacting Tissot in Switzerland last week, heard back from them once saying they'd investigate. A completely new watch, box and all, showed up at my door today. I am thrilled. Makes me completely rethink my thoughts about Tissot. Still don't like the American headquarters, but the real HQ came through and sent me a new watch. Had to come on here and say that.

THAT is the kind of service I'd expect in this situation with a Gen. I already have high expectations for our rep dealers here.

-Antonio

Still don't like the American headquarters, but the real HQ came through and sent me a new watch. Had to come on here and say that.

So, you can keep your opinion about the stupid US branch, but Tissot (Swatch) came through as they should. Great ending.

Enjoy your Gen.

I had a similar experiance with my Tissot and now that I think about it I have always received better service from our rep dealers than from Genuine ADs.

I'll second that. ONce an AD gets your $$ , for them the sale is done and anything else is the factors probem!

• 2 months later...
Wow, a happy ending to this after all.

The Amercian headquarters was dragging their feet and didn't call when they said they would. After contacting Tissot in Switzerland last week, heard back from them once saying they'd investigate. A completely new watch, box and all, showed up at my door today. I am thrilled. Makes me completely rethink my thoughts about Tissot. Still don't like the American headquarters, but the real HQ came through and sent me a new watch. Had to come on here and say that.

THAT is the kind of service I'd expect in this situation with a Gen. I already have high expectations for our rep dealers here.

-Antonio

The Swatch group is awesome, in Switzerland. I have dealt with them about a half dozen times. One time I sent a Mido that had some manuf defects on the dial. I contacted them via e-mail. They gave me directions on how to ship, I inquired if they could change the color and hands of the dial (they said yes). They overnighted the watch back--serviced with a new dial and hands, along with a very solid heavy pen.

I have heard many complaints of the US service center, although I sent my PR100 automatic to be serviced there (it stopped), and they sent it back looking like new. I purchased the watch in Mexico, yet they still honored the warranty.

• 4 weeks later...

Tissot is a great watch. My guess is that for the price (which is VERY reasonable), each watch is not individually waterproof/pressure tested. No matter. I own two Tissots, and I've never had issues. I'm glad it worked out for you!

Edited by bkdc