When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OK... my father-in-law just gave me his gen Datejust!

seadweller3

Congrats! That is a nice gift!

Dials available on eBay, or by exchange to some online sellers.

What is the model number? There is a difference in dial feet location depending on the year/ caliber. Don't worry, it isn't that confusing, 3035 and 3135 can use the same dials. It is just the 1570 datejust that uses a pie pan dial and has a different dial feet position.

Since it's a gift, and not given lightly, you might consider leaving it as-is... that might convey a level of appreciation that a dial swap would step right over.

Just a thought.

Since it's a gift, and not given lightly, you might consider leaving it as-is... that might convey a level of appreciation that a dial swap would step right over.

Just a thought.

I couldn't agree more. But... I told him I was looking for a white dial DJ and he said "Why don't you just take mine... I never wear it". I replied "Well, I could help you sell it if you want"... to which he replied "No, just take it and wear it. You can swap the dial. I don't blame you, the thing is impossible to read at night!"

Perhaps I should insist on paying him something? :huh:

I couldn't agree more. But... I told him I was looking for a white dial DJ and he said "Why don't you just take mine... I never wear it". I replied "Well, I could help you sell it if you want"... to which he replied "No, just take it and wear it. You can swap the dial. I don't blame you, the thing is impossible to read at night!"

Perhaps I should insist on paying him something? :huh:

Ahhhhhhh, a smart son-in-law you are. The Force is strong with this one.

How about a special dinner out, just the two of you? Or you and your wife, and he and his? Wear the watch when you go.

:tu: