When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

22 Days ago I lit the fuse...

JohnG

I ordered a Super Sea-Dweller from Ruby 22 days ago. Since then I have endured long days and even longer nights punctuated by hourly visits to the EMS tracking page.

Today my suffering was lifted, my pain was removed, a shining light fell from on high and I felt the spirit move in me.

About 15 minutes later my SSD arrived. This is my first replica watch. I am thrilled to death that for the moment it has none of the myriad problems that reps sometimes have upon delivery - dust under crystal, crooked markers, misalignments of various types, seized screws, problems with clasp, etc. I removed one link, replaced the diver's extension with the longer gen from my Sea-Dweller tool kit, and shot some photos. The watch was running when I received it so I set it and so far it is keeping good time. Tomorrow I will check it over 24 hours to see exactly how many seconds it is gaining/losing.

I am aware of the problems with the SSD - which can be fixed and which cannot but I have to say that regardless, this rep is a thing of beauty. I could hardly be happier. I could only hope that my future transactions will have such happy endings...

I may do some sort of review of the whole transaction at some point but for now I will let photography express what my humble vocabulary cannot begin to convey...

Behold:

1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Side by side with it's new sibling - my Poljot Sturmanskie "Civil":

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

Great watch for a first purchase!

Wear it well!

BTW: Do people in Spain care about watches in general? I am visiting your Country in July and wonder if I will be able to spot some nice pieces....

Great watch for a first purchase!

Wear it well!

BTW: Do people in Spain care about watches in general? I am visiting your Country in July and wonder if I will be able to spot some nice pieces....

Depends on where you go. In areas where this is money there are nice watches - people here who have money like to show it off, that is for sure. The rule in the U.S. that you can't really tell a person's worth from the way they dress or their car does not really hold true here. People usually display MORE wealth than they really have - and for that reason there is a thriving business in fake everything - though I have never seen really good reps here. There may be but I have yet to see any though I have seen a million guys selling crap fakes on the street.