When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 231 Rose Gold

AlexLeGrande

I am intrigued by the PAM 231 Radiomir Rose Gold for use as a dress watch. Any members own this or have any opinions about this watch?

I just received one from Joshua and it's a very nice piece. I bought it to wear as a dress watch and it looks great. I was also very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the strap-the same one in picture on your post. Good luck.

I HAVE FROM JOSH AND WEAR IT FOR DRESS I WOULD KILE TI CHANGE THE STRAP BUT I CANT FIND A GOLD BUCKLE ANT IDEAS

The buckle on the strap that was supplied with the watch can be removed and fitted to a replacement strap.

I don't have this watch so cannot tell you if the buckle is retained by a screw or a spring-bar... but it will be one or the other. Only pre-vendome Pams have sewn-in buckles.

I hope that this helps.

Don't forget my favourite... the fabulous rose gold 147 from Joshua:

76415-31476.jpg

I remember it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great watch too but too many flaws for my tastes - mostly that 2 subdials are identical without numbering.

I like the cleaner, simpler look of the 231 :whistling:

Chronus.. you are way too fussy.

Although I respect your right to be so... :-)

Only 30 of these were ever made. I think that is the right number... something like that, anyway. So nobody that you will ever meet is likely know the difference. And the originals were insanely expensive... which further limits the number of folk who could call you out on this.

In fact, you are much more likely to be complimented for wearing a Jos Nana rep, than of wearing a fake Panerai. Jos has sold lots more of these than Panerai ever did. :lol::lol::lol:

Never mind the incorrect subs... the real deal was a split-second chrono. That is the biggest difference. There are others ... but they don't really matter...

Bottom line - this is a stonkingly beautiful watch... and the only watch in my collection that hes ever drawn admiring comments from strangers.

Too many flaws for your taste? As I said, you have an unassailable right to that opinion.

But you are depriving yourself of an amazing experience...

I almost went for it at one point, ignoring the screw down pusher at the top, the non-existent split seconds functionality, etc. The biggest thing that gets me, and I don't care if someone saw it and thought it was genuine or not, is the exact 2 same sub-dials on there. Also it is a manual wind "Venus"-copy movement, so the 6-o'clock subdial is not properly functional, more like a constant hour hand. If I had your same ability, I would probably use it as a permanent GMT hand too, but I don't :(

It's still a great watch, and I would recommend it to friends. You are correct about very few being made, and very few would even know it exists, let alone if it is a rep or not (assuming the gold plating holds!).

Very very nice watch, but I guess with all the chronos I have (RXW Milgraph, PAM188, 192, 196, 212, IWC GST Chrono, Zenith El Primero Rainbow, Breitling Chrono Avenger, possible PAM187 too), I prefer the simpler 231.

Like you, I am a fan of GMT watches... where is that Arktos GMT you mentioned sometime ? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have its 'cousin', the 147 in rose gold from Joshua. I put a honey tan strap gator strap with deployment on it from TC straps, love the look. I am looking for another nice but darker strap for it. I do find the strap screws to be a bit of a pain but love the watch!