When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 16750 question....

Nightstroker

One of the members over at another forum just purchased a gen 16750....early 80s model....

I noticed that his hand stack has the GMT hand below the hour hand....

He says it is running with a 3075 calliber....

So we have an old vintage GMT with the new 3075....

Is this the correct hand stack for this watch?

Yes.

Edit: 16750 is the "transitional model". It's the first Master that has a fixed GMT hand but high beat movement (3075 as you said) & quick set date. On 1675 the hour hand is definitely above the GMT hand... but I'm not 100% sure about 16750.

Can you post pics of this watch?

Yes.

Edit: 16750 is the "transitional model". It's the first Master that has a fixed GMT hand but high beat movement (3075 as you said) & quick set date. On 1675 the hour hand is definitely above the GMT hand... but I'm not 100% sure about 16750.

Can you post pics of this watch?

Here ya go pal....

gmt1.jpg

gmt3.jpg

Here is the link to the thread over at RWG....

Uh huh... I don't like it at all. That one has very deep rehaut (like modern 16710). The GMT hand looks wrong too. I'm pretty sure it's a rep with some gen parts.

Compare it to this (16750, circa 1980)

IMG_0837Large.jpg

It's definitely got problems. Case is wrong, lugs are too thick and crown guards are wrong. The cyclops mag is too weak and the dial is completely wrong. As By-Tor pointed out the GMT hand is wrong too, but curiously the "red" is right. Maybe it's a gen GMT hand against a bad background and that makes its geometry look wrong?

For comparison:

gmt2.jpg

Thanks guys....I suspected there was a problem....didnt look right to me....Just goes to show that you have to be very very careful when buying a used rollie....

So this is some kind of franken with gen and rep parts most likely....I suspect the movement is correct though....as for the other stuff who knows....

I posted a link to this thread over at the other forum....well see what happens now....

Dont waste anymore time on this one guys....the owner of this watch just posted ANOTHER thread over at RWG....he knew that the watch was a replica....he just wanted to pretend it was a gen to see if anyone would notice....he just spent a bunch of money on the mods....wanted to check the work out on us by fronting it as a gen....

douche bag....

So this is some kind of franken with gen and rep parts most likely....I suspect the movement is correct though...

I seriously doubt there's anything genuine on that watch... except the crown (possibly). And even that is wrong for 16750.

Dont waste anymore time on this one guys....the owner of this watch just posted ANOTHER thread over at RWG....he knew that the watch was a replica....he just wanted to pretend it was a gen to see if anyone would notice....he just spent a bunch of money on the mods....wanted to check the work out on us by fronting it as a gen....

douche bag....