When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I miss neil

fotoman

Who is Neil? - i could tell you... but .... i'd have to kill you...

Besides, I thought all bans were permanent??

longtime dealers who run into short term issues can come back if they fix all customer problems. Frankly, neil is one of the founders of the online community, been doing this for like 6 or 7 years - he'll never be away forever.

- Oh, maybe victoria and neil are gone TOGETHER?

:)

Guest Carl

How would Carl know why Miss Victoria is missing?

All that I know is that she is gone from the forum.

I was only responding to phoband's good and appropriate question.

Carl

Pho-

Just go pick up a cat-o-nine-tails and start your self-flagellation. And if you are really lucky you too can start receiving personal threats. :lol:

What did happen to Victoria? Is she on another holiday, surfing around the other forums or simply moved on to things other than watches? Someone will know as I know there are some folks who developed nice friendships with her.

Victoria told me (when I contacted her about the RWG ring (still room for 6 more BTW)) that she had a visiting Aunt from Austria and she was in charge of 'driving Miss Daisy'.

She promised to return in full force once her Aunt returns home.

Ken

just about every dealer i can think of has had a problem at some point.

Paul - had the infamous crazy sale (not unlike TTK's current situation)

Angus was banned for a while, had outstanding sales but finally made good

River left a few folks hanging in his early retirement then re-appeared - fixed everything that i know of

king, silix i've heard many personal horror stories no major downfalls

Josh, Trusty have taken heat for some of the pricing, but to their credit, i don't know of any major issues.

PT, Narkiaa - never heard a bad word about

some of the other newer dealers are still, newer, at least to these boards. - the above dealers have been around a loooooong time, especially in this business - lots of folks come in, think they can make a few bucks, and get overwhelmed and the trouble starts. Neil has his issues - he is slow as hell to ship :) has a very unique flare and spice to the commentary on the board. But you definitely have to give him some props for longevity :) and maybe a little senility

just about every dealer i can think of has had a problem at some point.

Paul - had the infamous crazy sale (not unlike TTK's current situation)

Angus was banned for a while, had outstanding sales but finally made good

River left a few folks hanging in his early retirement then re-appeared - fixed everything that i know of

king, silix i've heard many personal horror stories no major downfalls

Josh, Trusty have taken heat for some of the pricing, but to their credit, i don't know of any major issues.

PT, Narkiaa - never heard a bad word about

some of the other newer dealers are still, newer, at least to these boards. - the above dealers have been around a loooooong time, especially in this business - lots of folks come in, think they can make a few bucks, and get overwhelmed and the trouble starts. Neil has his issues - he is slow as hell to ship :) has a very unique flare and spice to the commentary on the board. But you definitely have to give him some props for longevity :) and maybe a little senility

You left one out.....

TWP still has my freaking watch!!!11oneone1eleven!

yeah i wasn't sure of his current status - my issues with him were well documented

i think what everyone has to remember is trusted dealer is a relative term- considering the industry. Compared to the jerks selling an asian PO for 700$$$ like i posted about the other day, our guys at least can be held to account.

i'm sure lots of people trust their crack dealer, until the day he screws them :) - having a track record going back years, means alot in this business though - we are all still much better off then if there were no RWG. - a few bad deals in the mix or not :)

Troy's current status

Ok this is what he had replied to my email.

Raheel

Selling counterfeit watches and keeping them in your possesion is illegal in this country. What can i do when the government comes to my home and takes the watches? That is the chance we all take in this game. Your $500 dollar loss is nothing when it equates to my $20000 dollar loss of inventory and another $15000 USD attorney fees. Your watch is gone and will always be gone. Now after shelling out $35000 K on this hobby (all in losses) your watch is pretty small in the whole equation! Again it is the chance we all take.

T

yeah i wasn't sure of his current status - my issues with him were well documented

i think what everyone has to remember is trusted dealer is a relative term- considering the industry. Compared to the jerks selling an asian PO for 700$$$ like i posted about the other day, our guys at least can be held to account.

i'm sure lots of people trust their crack dealer, until the day he screws them :) - having a track record going back years, means alot in this business though - we are all still much better off then if there were no RWG. - a few bad deals in the mix or not :)

I agree!

I really hate to say, i told ya so, (and i don't mean you doc, i mean in general) but .

"The first is, he is in the US. Meaning, every order you place has a significantly HIGHER risk of customs problems then having one shipped here directly - because of his high volume. - His time will come to an end just like all the other US based collectors - its happened to everyone that has been around this board over the last few years, its just too difficult to keep open and do any kind of volume. . . .

I think TWP has good intentions, but, i just don't have any confidence in his ability to run his business well enough to be a consistent long term player. Which means there will be alot of people who get watches and then one day it will end - with whoever has an order in holding the rope."

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...+for+prime+time

Yeeeeeaaaaahhh.... but I'm not buying his story:

So he conveniently lost everyone's money and property, right after he spilled his guts about his substance abuse problems AND said that he's sick of the rep business?

Hey wait a second; YOU gave him the idea! <_<

Yeeeeeaaaaahhh.... but I'm not buying his story:

So he conveniently lost everyone's money and property, right after he spilled his guts about his substance abuse problems AND said that he's sick of the rep business?

Hey wait a second; YOU gave him the idea! <_<

i wish it was that simple, the story goes back to the begining of the forums, naming klink and adam during my lifetime to name a few.

i also wrote that usually what happens is these dudes get in over their heads- seized or not. he was buying from our dealers anyway, like josh and trusty, so, he couldn't haave been making all that much $$.

Yeah well, he had alot of stories - going to med school, substance abuse, sick kid. . . i don't think i buy any of them. I still don't think he was a bad guy, just someone in way over his head, and unfortunately folks got hurt - it was bound to happen, seizure, early check out take my cash and move to mexico or not.

why did my thread get moveed to humor, i don't think this is funny. Its a pretty serious discussion about our rep world. time to PM the mods