When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How is this not a cheap Super Rep?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

I received a watch today that I wasnt sure that I would be happy with... And to my surprise I am thrilled with it.

The Cartier SeaTimer with correct dial Fonts, an really nice date font for a change and NOW with the proper black gnarled bezel...

I have spent about 45 minutes comparing it to gen photos and cant find any dial errors and flaws.

The watch is beefy even by my standards and the build quality it great. The fact that it has an eta 2836-2 in it is even a bonus!

Heres the pics, what do you think?

post-7311-1211250666_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1211250704_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1211250748_thumb.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex
Not my style of watch, but as quality and such goes it looks great.

The date looks crisp.

Cheers

I dont even know how to react, besides saying thank you Sir!

It would look nice on a lady I think.

A nice lady watch for ladies... with some lipstick and a nice purse- it is the quintessential montre femme..

I'm teasing but this is really more of a "dainty" Cartier watch - the Santos is more appealing to me personally design-wise.

Guest carlsbadrolex
It would look nice on a lady I think.

A nice lady watch for ladies... with some lipstick and a nice purse- it is the quintessential montre femme..

I'm teasing but this is really more of a "dainty" Cartier watch - the Santos is more appealing to me personally design-wise.

Its an interesting day when a 40mm watch is considered "dainty"... I guess we are all becoming too used to 44 and 47mm watches!

Don't sweat it man. :p The seatimer is a great watch no doubt. I prefer the rubber bracelet version. The only drawback on your version is that it doesn't have screws in every link of the bracelet. Just throw a updated bracelet on and you are good to go. :D

see here

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=8534

I will defend the snobby Cartier brand!

p1000129ji3.jpg

cimg0868uw7.jpg

Don't sweat it man. :p The seatimer is a great watch no doubt. I prefer the rubber bracelet version.

cimg0868uw7.jpg

With a picture like that, how could you not agree?

I have this watch as well, and it's great... only thing with the Seatimer is ... how do you wind it? (I know, The Zigmeister says it is better to shake and bake and put on my non-existent winder... but if I really had to?) Once the crown lock is removed, the way to set the time is so awkward and if used for winding, it's even worse. Unless I haven't figured it out yet.

Yes, it's a great rep, congrats!

I think it's considered a ladies watch not because of the size, but because of the style (font) of the numbers.

I took a pasha (not a seatimer, though) for my wife about a year ago, and it's still the watch she likes over anyone else.

I got one for my wife, and I have held it side by side with a gen and i could not note any differences. I hate trying to wind that tiny crown though.

A while ago someone compared the rep and a gen side by side and concluded that aside from the usual fit and finish issues that separate 99% reps from their gen counterparts, the black dial is damn near flawless, while on the white version, the hands color is the only issue. I love most of the seatimer, but I just cannot do the chain-link crown thing that cartier has decided is one of their trademarks. If they ever put a santos-100-like crown on that badboy I'd be in.

I received a watch today that I wasnt sure that I would be happy with... And to my surprise I am thrilled with it.

The Cartier SeaTimer with correct dial Fonts, an really nice date font for a change and NOW with the proper black gnarled bezel...

I have spent about 45 minutes comparing it to gen photos and cant find any dial errors and flaws.

The watch is beefy even by my standards and the build quality it great. The fact that it has an eta 2836-2 in it is even a bonus!

Heres the pics, what do you think?

It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine...lol

Nice pick up!

A while ago someone compared the rep and a gen side by side and concluded that aside from the usual fit and finish issues that separate 99% reps from their gen counterparts, the black dial is damn near flawless, while on the white version, the hands color is the only issue. I love most of the seatimer, but I just cannot do the chain-link crown thing that cartier has decided is one of their trademarks. If they ever put a santos-100-like crown on that badboy I'd be in.

I posted a comparision just using gen pics.

For the money it's really an inexpensive quasi-super rep.

The reason it's not as popular is due to this style of watch not appealing to all the masses. B)

• 6 months later...

Thank you Chronus and Sql_pl - I've gained a new appreciation for this fine watch. Never seen an IWC get that kind of female attention.

Btw: Maciek, if all your watches get that kind of treatment, I think you can start charging a premium on your used sales. Much better than The Zigmeister or chieftang treatment, if you ask me.