When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which dealer makes the best 88/111/125

outlandos

I love Panerai. I think they make great watches.

The only problem is, I like so many and I can get so few!

So I picked my 3 favourite models (which wasn't easy!) and would like to ask your advice!

As my wrist is kind of small (6") I might prefer a 40MM watch over a 44MM, but the only nice model I could find in that size is a PAM125.

As for PAM 88 and 111, I like the first as much as I like the second!

Price - around $600

And if possible, I would like to have it modded right out of the box.

Now my question to you, the experts, is:

Which dealer makes the best PAM088?

Which dealer makes the best PAM111?

And which dealer makes the best PAM125?

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by outlandos

hello outlandos ... dont pay attention to pugster hes jokin and sounds like has not been fed today :D

i would skip the 125 ... imho the PR complication is one of the ugliest looking things pam put on their pieces ...

betwen the 88 and 111 i would go with the second choice its a good place to start ;)

here is mine :

DSC02052.jpg

Laz

hello outlandos ... dont pay attention to pugster hes jokin and sounds like has not been fed today :D

i would skip the 125 ... imho the PR complication is one of the ugliest looking things pam put on their pieces ...

betwen the 88 and 111 i would go with the second choice its a good place to start ;)

here is mine :

[photo]

Laz

Ohh :o haha! Well the idea of someone looking for a great deal for me ain't even that crazy! :)

Anyway, I am totally new..so what does PR stands for?

And 125 is the only 40MM I could find, am I missing any models?

Edited by outlandos

Check out the PAM048 or PAM050 (same watch but with a bracelet instead of a strap).

They are VERY accurate reps. Relume, swap the datewheel and the date cyclops and you honestly have a 99% watch. No one would really be able to see any differences, even side by side with the gen.

Check out the PAM048 or PAM050 (same watch but with a bracelet instead of a strap).

They are VERY accurate reps. Relume, swap the datewheel and the date cyclops and you honestly have a 99% watch. No one would really be able to see any differences, even side by side with the gen.

I prefer the straps.

So all I know is that David makes great PAM88's, but what about PAM111?

Edited by outlandos

Honestly, with a 6" wrist, I'd go for the PAM048. It's just like a PAM104 - Luminor Marina (seconds at 9 o'clock), auto movement (Asian 7750) with date at 3 o'clock.

It's much more accurate than any PAM111 that's out there.

I am sorry, but why would a PAM048 fit me better than a PAM088 or PAM111 because of my small wrist size? They are each 44MM right???

And also, which dealer would you advice for a PAM048?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with my first post. The PAM048 is a 40mm watch.

http://www.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewt...f=7&t=38344

I got my wife's 048 rep from Ruby. I've always had good luck with her...

Looks awesome!

Two questions:

Isn't the 048 supposed to be a female watch?

And secondly, does Ruby has got a website? I cant find her on the dealer section anywhere. Also will she be able to do superlume? As i have read the lume aint so good on the 048!

Panerai doesn't make any women's watches. It's only a few years ago that 38-40mm was considered "average" size for mens' watches, you know. ;) Most watches that are marketed as womens' models are 36mm or smaller, most MUCH smaller.

You won't find any dealer's selling pre modded PAM048s, I don't believe. Sausage/painted dial relumes are best left to those with proven track records, IMO. It's not an easy thing to do....

Ruby has a section here, did you even look?

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=159

Panerai doesn't make any women's watches. It's only a few years ago that 38-40mm was considered "average" size for mens' watches, you know. ;) Most watches that are marketed as womens' models are 36mm or smaller, most MUCH smaller.

You won't find any dealer's selling pre modded PAM048s, I don't believe. Sausage/painted dial relumes are best left to those with proven track records, IMO. It's not an easy thing to do....

Ruby has a section here, did you even look?

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=159

I did look, and found that page but couldnt find any 048 topics there.

I guess I should just ask her!

So if i want it to be modded (superlume etc..) which member on this forum would be the best one to ask? Because it might be smart to ask Ruby to send the watch directly to that modder if both are in the USA.

Edited by outlandos

Ah, I see. It sounded like you couldn't find Ruby, not that you couldn't find an 048 in her section. Just email her, she can source nearly any rep out there.

For sausage dial relumes, vaccum(USA) and The Zigmeister(Canada) are where I would look first.

Ah, I see. It sounded like you couldn't find Ruby, not that you couldn't find an 048 in her section. Just email her, she can source nearly any rep out there.

For sausage dial relumes, vaccum(USA) and The Zigmeister(Canada) are where I would look first.

Done!

I have just bought my first rep too, the PAM125 from rodwc! Just like you, I dont really fancy the PR thing, but the price is worth it! I've paid 50 Euro including shipment and paypal fee.

Here's a picture:

CIMG1453.jpg

What do you think? Worth the 50 Euro?

Now I need to get myself a nice strap and then i will be looking forward to my next watch! Either a 88/111 or 48!

• 4 weeks later...
Honestly, with a 6" wrist, I'd go for the PAM048. It's just like a PAM104 - Luminor Marina (seconds at 9 o'clock), auto movement (Asian 7750) with date at 3 o'clock.

It's much more accurate than any PAM111 that's out there.

Hi Peepshow,

I have a question about this watch and how good this PAM048 stacks up and what still needs to be done?

I really wanted something stealth, black and unbranded but no one does that in a 40mm.

Thanks,

Bulldawg

@outlandos:

sorry for being late here. If you are happy with your "125" that's all that counts, but be advised that that date window is totally incorrect, it screams fake and it can been seen from 2mt away.

@Bulldawg:

I doubt that a 40mm 125 can be found. All PAM reps with power reserve indicator @5Hr have a movement that is quite large in diameter and with a date window placed very sideways, that would look odd on a 40mm model and it probably would not leave room enough to place the cyclops.

As peepshow already pointed out, no doubt a 048 or 050 is the best option to anyone who wants a 40mm model.

Unfortunately they look sold out everywhere now.

I ve just bought a Pam 111 from Vac and is near as dam it perfect, pin mods, super lum, service lubed and regulated, very very happyt with it and inside your budget

Photos on the repgeek web site under the name Alfie69