When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Baume & Mercier Riveria Magnum

subzero1

Got this bad boy in today. My dealer did not send me the SS bracelet as it does not fit, and my plans to "make it fit" are on hold till I can pick one up. But, on the other hand, it's summer, and the rubber strap on this one is at least as good as the other "great" straps on the HBB, Chopard MM GTXL Chrono, Porsche Flat 6, and is better than what's on the IWC Cousteau Diver. Great for the hot days. great for in the gym, great for hiking, running, biking (gotta love spring/summer in Denver).

Enough talk, here's some pics. The dealer pics do a good job of presenting what this watch looks like, but they miss the one thing that's super cool about this watch - the 3-D aspect the CGD metal rings around the top and bottom chrono's bring. Hopefully these give a better idea:

Wristshots079-1.jpg

Wristshots080-1.jpg

Wristshots081-1.jpg

Yeah, the standard B&M Riveria Chrono's are kinda 'eh' to me, a bit flat. But the magnums w/there skeleton hour hand and joined 12-6 chrono's are pretty sweet, and the titanium ring on the bezel just re-enforces the feel of 'dimensionality' on this watch.

I love this watch!

It looks really good.

About the chrono. It looks like the bottom counter starts with the hand pointing downwards towards the 6 o'clock marker. Is this how it is, and does the chrono work that way?

Enjoy the watch!

Yeah, the bottom chrono on this rep is inverted (points downward), just like it does on the gen version.

Great! I'm glad they kept that little attention to detail on that part :)

looks very nice.

Maybe one day I will pick one of these up. A nice change of pace from the usual watches I currently own.

One thing tho,

is it an unwritten rule that all new reps have to be on rubber? There a huge surplus of rubber in China that must be disposed of or what?

One thing tho,

is it an unwritten rule that all new reps have to be on rubber? There a huge surplus of rubber in China that must be disposed of or what?

I agree on that point.. but I think this particular watch, the genuine is only on rubber... Pity with the HBBs, Porsche, etc.

• 2 years later...