When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Diver chronographs Poll

Okay guys, as I just finished the Diver's Watch Testspecial,

and the response already showed me you liked it so I reached my goal with it. :)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

But now I am going to make an even bigger Divers' chronograph test and I am looking for your opinion.

I will gladly throw all diving chronographs in that I own:

- IWC 3719 (Slevin) arriving from poland, soon

- Omega SMP Chrono

- Oris Carlos Coste

- Breitling Avenger Ti (old version), but hands missing :(

But as my funds are limited (I am a student :wounded1: ) what chronograph (one or two) would you like to see getting tested?

I am not looking for freebies here, it is more that I don't want to buy the "wrong" chronograph. And of course I'd like to seek some attention to the upcoming test... :lol:

There have simply so many cool ones appeared lately.

I am deciding between:

- TAG Aquaracer

- Paul Picote Plongeur

- Graham Chronodiver

- Pam 187

- Montblanc Chronosport 200m

ANYTHING ELSE??

Some friends have already offered to send me their own watch for testing. I think this is really generous, but I am afraid that these watches might get damaged or even destroyed during my tests... Doing this with my own watch is one thing, but with the watch of a friend? :unsure::animal_rooster:

Thank you for your opinions in advance!

Nice day!

Have you considered the AP ROO or the Anonimo Cronoscopio?

Personally i just love the AP ROO, but the wrong subdials keep me from buying it, so i guess the Paul Picot would be second in line for me... or a PAM196 or PAM212 :wub:

Although those last two are also not as well copied as the ones you listed.

I would like to see a straight comparison between the Pam 187 Sub 1000 and the Oris Carlos Coste as they are both similar in size and features.

I have a bad feeling that the rep chronographs wouldn't survive the water test. The pushers might be the weak link.

But I could be wrong too... interesting idea.

Of course I'm a bit biased here, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Aquaracer chrono in the test. It's fairly popular "diver" rep, and one of my personal favorites.

First, thank you all for your input! It is highly appreciated as my funds will be limited.

Le Plongeur. You need colour my friend :)

The Plongeur is one of my favourites, too. It is a true diving watch, but one that hasn't been written of much. I think it will be fun to test it and research on the design.

Have you considered the AP ROO or the Anonimo Cronoscopio?

Personally i just love the AP ROO, but the wrong subdials keep me from buying it, so i guess the Paul Picot would be second in line for me... or a PAM196 or PAM212 :wub:

Although those last two are also not as well copied as the ones you listed.

Hey F,

those are all beautiful and stunning watches - each should get a review or test of his own. But I see one problem: none of them is a divers watch. It was a pity to see the 111 in the 3 handed watch test, without a divingbezel it really had no chance to win.

So I would like to stick to watches with diving bezel.

First of all, thanks a lot for these test! My suggestions:

Costeau 2006, Radiomir Black Seal and PAM064!

I just traded my Cousteau 2006 on the last European GTG, but maybe I can get hold of another one. I will test the "Slevin" for sure, so maybe that is good, too? They are very similar in terms of design. As for the others, I would like to stick to chronographs, as testing chronos AND 3 handed watches would go beyond the scope for me.

I would like to see a straight comparison between the Pam 187 Sub 1000 and the Oris Carlos Coste as they are both similar in size and features.

Good idea. This might get interesting.

I have a bad feeling that the rep chronographs wouldn't survive the water test. The pushers might be the weak link.

But I could be wrong too... interesting idea.

Of course I'm a bit biased here, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Aquaracer chrono in the test. It's fairly popular "diver" rep, and one of my personal favorites.

That is exactly what I want to find out!

It is much more difficult to seal a chronograph than a three handed watch. We will see...

As for the aquaracer, I would love to test it - I will try to get a cheap one second hand.

I agree...reps without screw down pushers will percolate and I doubt any of them, pushers screwed or not, will pass modest WR pressure. I would recommend testing these watches sans movements.

Although not a 'divers' watch, the BCE would be in theory a good one to test - the gen is rated 300m, which is still more than the heritage, and it does have screw down pushers.