When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need a 16013/14 caseback

freddy333

Soon, I'll be getting a rep DJ 16200 with the shitinerand engraved back on it, those supposedly fit so I'll try it on a gen case and let you know if it works. I guess thats not much help since I don't have an extra one, but maybe you'll know what to look for/not to look for

Soon, I'll be getting a rep DJ 16200 with the shitinerand engraved back on it, those supposedly fit so I'll try it on a gen case and let you know if it works. I guess thats not much help since I don't have an extra one, but maybe you'll know what to look for/not to look for

That would help alot. Once I know the rep back fits the gen case, I can try to locate a spare rep back or just order a rep watch (for the back).

Freddy,

I have one that is marked 16200. It was from the newer turn-o-graph replica.

If it will help you, it's yours.

Edit to add that it's not the one above. :)

Do you know if it fits the gen 160xx case & does it look the same (on the outside) as the 160xx DJ caseback?

The 16200 will not fit 16014. Different gasket set up and threading. The gasket sits on the case back for the 16014, and the gasket sits on the case for the 16200.

Thanks & that is too bad. I guess the hunt continues for a 160xx caseback. If anyone comes across 1, please PM me.

Freddy, the monarch Polfy doesn't fit the 160xx. But there's a buy it now case on ebay right now for $140 with no bezel or crystal, you can probably re-list the bare case and get at least 50-75 for it. So you'd be paying 70-90 for the back, still less than a whole rep: Item 270239848149

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Rolex-16014-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Freddy, the monarch Polfy doesn't fit the 160xx. But there's a buy it now case on ebay right now for $140 with no bezel or crystal, you can probably re-list the bare case and get at least 50-75 for it. So you'd be paying 70-90 for the back, still less than a whole rep: Item 270239848149

Thank you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Rolex-16014-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, that is a good idea. I purchased a caseback for $85. This seller is great with fast free EMS shipping from Taiwan. Who knows, the mid case might even be in better condition then the one you have. It is worth buying, especially since it is available. Who knows when you will find another. Always hit and miss with parts.

No problem, now, can we see the dial you're using on that? It looks like a 16030 SS bezel right? I'm thinking of going that route in the near future

I had originally planned to use a gold linen dial that had been sitting in my parts box for a few years. But that dial was in pretty poor condition, so I ended up selling it. Now that I will have 2 cases to choose from (the original 16013 that is pictured at the top of the thread & the just-purchased 16014), I guess I have a bit more latitude with dials. My main requirement for this gen dial is that it fits the specs for 1 of these cases & is relatively inexpensive (less than $100).