When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Dressy IWC reps that are close to gen?

watchnovice123

I was looking for a nice dressy IWC rep for work. I was wondering what you guys might recommend? I see bad things about the portuguese chrono movements, .........too bad because they are one of my favorites. My main concern is I don't want something that is too sporty, though I love the pilots, or something that is blatantly inaccurate to the gen. Any good advice from people that own something that fits the bill? Thanks.

portuguese is very very close to gen! the only prob is the movt. i think. From my experience with my portugese, the power reserve is lower than eta7750, only enough over night.And the rotor is noisy so i had to lubricate it, but its still noisy compared to etas. Otherwise visually almost perfect! Only difference i saw are the subdial pins which are bronze in rep and silver in gen, but nobody ever will notice that ;)

heres a comparison photo

gen

iwc3714bkwhwo6.jpg

iwc3714bkwhwo6.d1b8c8487c.jpg

my porto

dsc0155pt5.jpg

dsc0155pt5.2c694e81b3.jpg

portuguese is very very close to gen! the only prob is the movt. i think. From my experience with my portugese, the power reserve is lower than eta7750, only enough over night.And the rotor is noisy so i had to lubricate it, but its still noisy compared to etas. Otherwise visually almost perfect! Only difference i saw are the subdial pins which are bronze in rep and silver in gen, but nobody ever will notice that ;)

heres a comparison photo

gen

iwc3714bkwhwo6.jpg

iwc3714bkwhwo6.d1b8c8487c.jpg

my porto

dsc0155pt5.jpg

dsc0155pt5.2c694e81b3.jpg

Great looking watch!!! From what I read getting a nice AR coating on that rep really makes it. I assume a band would help too. I guess I'm a little concerned of the movement failing with the sec @ 6. They do have the 7 day pwr reserve that doesn't have that, but not sure if those are as visually accurate. Decisions! :bangin:

Great looking watch!!! From what I read getting a nice AR coating on that rep really makes it. I assume a band would help too. I guess I'm a little concerned of the movement failing with the sec @ 6. They do have the 7 day pwr reserve that doesn't have that, but not sure if those are as visually accurate. Decisions! :bangin:

There is someone in Europe who puts graphite onto the gears which seems to revive the movements. As far as the 7 day power reserve, that's on the 5001 Porto's, the 3714's come with a standard 42 hours power reserve.

And you're correct the AR will really transform this rep.....

IWC_PortChrono_3714_SS_d.jpg

Edited by b16a2

There is someone in Europe who puts graphite onto the gears which seems to revive the movements. As far as the 7 day power reserve, that's on the 5001 Porto's, the 3714's come with a standard 42 hours power reserve.

And you're correct the AR will really transform this rep.....

IWC_PortChrono_3714_SS_d.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=Graphite

Enjoy!