When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16610 crown guard specfications

rolexconfuse

I could have sworn that someone posted a guide about modding crown guards for the 16610/16800 and in the thread there was a blue print/ spec sheet of the sub listing the dimensions and etc. But for the life of me i can't find that thread anymore. And I'm looking to mod my crown guards. Does anyone know the thread or another thread that shows a clear picture of what the correct crown guards should look like? thanks

Go and find yourself some pictures of genuine watches and then make yours look as close to them as possible.

You can use a dremel, a set of small metal files, or sandpaper. There is no magic formula, just make them look as close to your reference picture as possible. It's not going to be perfect, just make it look good enough for you to live with.

There is a search function right up beside the upgrade button at the top right.

Upgrading is a way of showing support for the community, who has helped you recently. Take some, give some. Any way, this is what you're looking for:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65712

I used 600 and took my time. Then 2000 to smooth it and a polishing wheel to bring it back to a high mirror finish.

Yeah that's what i was looking at earlier. I used 220 grit for sanding and while slow it seems to be working. As for polishing, won't a cap cod cloth polish it up as well as a polishing wheel?

Yeah that's what i was looking at earlier. I used 220 grit for sanding and while slow it seems to be working. As for polishing, won't a cap cod cloth polish it up as well as a polishing wheel?

Now that I think of it, I did use 220 first. But the 220 is very rough, and I stepped it up with higher grain paper to smooth it out. 220 left lines. A cape cod should work, the wheel I used was just faster, like done in 15 seconds fast :D Hand polishing is measured in minutes.