When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken PAM232 (47mm) radiomir

jitai

Hi everyone,

Take a look at my franken 232 below

Rep

2505367672_61c8b0be0e.jpg

2505231906_c05ef76018_o.jpg

Comes with DSN's Latest and correct darker brown dial, correct length hands

2505231934_f1ed265850_o.jpg

Nice and sharp caseback with better and correct font size engraved.

DSN's C3 Lume

GEN 232 to compare

2504401651_3e4e24893b_o.jpg

GEN 232 only produced in "I" series (1938pcs ). Panerai always make a prototype before official release for advertisement purpose. Usually these batch of PAMs will not have production number and they call them "shadow PAM". Above pics show an "I" series with shadow 232.

The ingredients and why?

Dial and hands

1. DSN's latest darker brown is correct like the gen.

2. DSN's correct min and hour hands length (Older DSN's PAM232 comes with shorter hands which are incorrect)

3. DSN's good C3 lume

1. Trusty's dial has the incorrect black dial

2. Trusty's PAM232 supelled hands are incorrect. They follow the hands used in PANERAI website catalog which was a prototype type.

3. Trusty's has almost zero lume.

Case

1. DSN's case has rounder edges

2. Trusty's case is better with sharper edges and look more "squarish"

Caseback

1. DSN's caseback font used is a bit off. The engravement "Officine Panerai,SS,fish logo and 100m" are too near "Almost sitting directly to the inner circle.

2. The middle engravement "FIRENZE 1860" font is too big and the surace looks polished which is incorrect.

3. DSN's radiomir crown is a bit off to what I see. The crown edge looks rounded.

1. Trusty's caseback is nearer to the gen in term of the of better font used.The engravement for all the details are positioned like the gen.

2. The middle part is brushed like the gen with circular lines and the engraved font and size are accurate like the gen.

3. Trusty's 232 crown is a spot on with sharper crown edge.

Took me sometime to fix this one up. However, it don't really suit my style. May consider to let it go. ;)

Thanks for viewing

Yeah right....it looks amazing....you only have to get rid of that ridiculus strap....everyone will notice that this strap is :cry:

None of the gen-owners wears his 232 with the gen strap that was supplied with the watch :p

Here is my 232.....DSN dial and Andrew

How does DSN's new pam232 dial look as far as the sandwitch look? I know that on some of his other sandwitch dials, "pam127 and 217" they dont quite look as deep as other rep sandwitch dials because the sandwitch is filled in with lume. Can you post a picture of the dial at an angle so the depth of the sandwitch dial can be seen? Thanks, Wan

By the way, i love how the watch turned out. This is the first one i have seen that looks like it should.

How does DSN's new pam232 dial look as far as the sandwitch look? I know that on some of his other sandwitch dials, "pam127 and 217" they dont quite look as deep as other rep sandwitch dials because the sandwitch is filled in with lume. Can you post a picture of the dial at an angle so the depth of the sandwitch dial can be seen? Thanks, Wan

By the way, i love how the watch turned out. This is the first one i have seen that looks like it should.

Hi wan and everyone in this thread,

Thanks for all your kind words.

More pics for your viewing.

2536028746_e417644c90.jpg

Very nice but looks too big for my wrist.

2536039656_c0cd7d96f7.jpg

The gap thickness between the lume and the main dial are equally thick IMO. Therefore the depth looks correct.

• 2 weeks later...