When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oris Carlos Cost : my pictorial of a unique watch...

Pix

Hi Folks,

I'd like to share a few pics here for those who still wonder about the Beauty of the Beast :)

Again, I think there's no point in making a review as this has been done in the best possible way by SD4K.

But I'd like to add my personal experience, as an additional information :

- first watch came with the known "reversed SUNday" flaw. Watchmark proposed an exchange without problem. That's a pretty nasty flaw, as even with a basic QC, you can't notice it if you don't look for it specifically. Finally I found a German member who was glad to buy this one from me, as he could live with the flaw and was glad to avoid any customs issue. Happy end.

- second watch came about 10 days later, after a detailed QC and new pictures submitted by Mark : I must say that I have not found any flaw yet since I have this OCC home. :D that's where it is necessary to warn any potential buyer : the OCC has known quality issues, so do not buy it unless you can agree about a careful QC with your favorite dealer. If you don't do so, you're likely to be disappointed.

- the flaws mentionned by our members : reversed SUNday (every 2 weeks) on the datewheel, dust under the crystal, stripped screws, too short stem which for some batches prevent a correct tightenning of the crown. And of course, loose bezel.

Here's Ajoesmith's experience.

- Personal feeling :

. that is the biggest watch I've ever worn and one of the thickest I know. But it wears pretty "normal", like a PAM, thanks to the shape of its case, a smaller dial and short lugs. However, you can't cheat on the heigth : it IS thick :D

. the balance between the watch head and the strap might make some of us feel the OCC as uncomfortable : all the weight is on the head.

. lume's disappointing, as the hour markers aren't lumed. The rest glows as it should and it is funny to look at the orange turn white when you enter a dark area...

. a pleasure to have this in my collection, as it has a real personality.

I think that's it... Now let me post my favorite pictures of today's photographic safari ^_^

01box1dl4.jpg

02troisquart1ep0.jpg

03front3gb1.jpg

04ar1qr9.jpg

05ar2bt5.jpg

06datevp7.jpg

07art1pv6.jpg

08art3ar6.jpg

09clasp1ta2.jpg

10backvr2.jpg

11crown1mq0.jpg

12crown2cb5.jpg

13crown3tw7.jpg

14serialgd8.jpg

15wrist1sx5.jpg

Thanks for that Pix

It a hell of a watch, i really wish my replacement would hurry and and get here.

By the way, the one i currently have now, waiting to be replaced, the crown wont screw down, threads are completely stripped!

Lets hope the new one is ok and other are too

Pix, how is your crown? how many turns does it take to screw down tightly?

I just had to send mine back with two issues. :o Both issues happened after about 10-15 days of wrist time. I had it less then a month when the crown screw striped and would no longer screw shut. Don't know if this a common? Secondly, internally something came loose and was banging inside the case. It just started to make noise one day when wearing.

I really liked wearing this watch. There was no problems with the return. Hopefully it gets returned to me soon. :bounce:

Enjoy Yours!

Hi guys,

just got mine after the looooong wait ... and I can assure you Pix that mine takes a healthy 3 full turns to screw down the crown!! NONE and I mean it NONE of the flaws mentioned above are present! I explicitly asked my dealer to check them all and he really did!

Wonderful time piece ... Cant get enough of it :)

I really hope you guys get lucky with yours and end up satisfied as I am! I will try to post pics when I can ...

good luck

Edited by Omega Fan

My guess guys is that you should be gunning for the one with correct second SUN -days on the DW...

My first sample was with wrong SUN and my dealer caught it... and it was also with ratchety bezel and screwed up screws ...

Dont know it this would help or if its true...

My OCC is still in the factory to get fixed....I clearly announced to my dealer to take care of ALL flaws and faults my watch had:

- crown / tube stripped

- both lugscrews stripped...one screwhead missing!

- wobbling bezel

- bezel not alligned

- dust and hairs under the crystal

I never ever checked the datewheel issue though.....hope he does that as well.

Will update you when it comes back..

Theo

Got my replacement and im happy, all seems fine, a few specks or dust or something under the crystal but not a big deal can remove that no problem.

Also cut a bob strap to use as i didnt really want to cut the rubber strap it came with

Enjoy the crap pics!

CIMG3706.jpg

CIMG3707.jpg

CIMG3708.jpg

CIMG3709.jpg

CIMG3710.jpg

CIMG3711.jpg

CIMG3713.jpg