When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine UN Maxi Marine Diver

RobbieG

This is sort of a repost as I have posted some of these on the other boards. I spent some more time with setups and got some more goodness this morning. In case you missed the original post, I originally bought this piece to replace my Rolex YM in the "shiny" sport watch category with something a little more interesting. IMO, nobody does the marine theme better than UN and it's history speaks for itself in that regard. The fit, finish and overall quality feel of this piece most certainly meets and IMO really exceeds the YM in every regard. The watch just screams quality. It is my second UN (soon to be three) and I can't say enough about the brand. I get more compliments from strangers about this watch than any other in my collection by far. Enjoy...

UN12r.jpg

UN11r.jpg

UN10r.jpg

UN1b-1.jpg

UN9r.jpg

UN13r.jpg

UN3r.jpg

UN8r.jpg

UN2r.jpg

That is a highly impressive watch RobbieG.

The level of details and finish is nothing short of amazing. Just look at the clasp quality!!! This UN makes any Rolex look cheap. Congrats!

PS: Glad to see you back onboard after a while. :)

That is extremely hot.

After seeing you and your wife's gen today in posts, I have to ask, what do you guys do? :lol:

I must confess my sins...I am a hedge fund guy...

Volatile markets = particularly large sums of money for RobbieG - LOL - although I don't buy particularly expensive pieces as far as watches go. <ost are under 7K. I am fortunate to have a very nice collection though. My heart will always be in reps though I tend to buy more gens these days. In fact, I just got an ETA SFSO and it is amazing. Vac is luming it as we speak. A nice watch is a nice watch - rep or gen...

That is a highly impressive watch RobbieG.

The level of details and finish is nothing short of amazing. Just look at the clasp quality!!! This UN makes any Rolex look cheap. Congrats!

PS: Glad to see you back onboard after a while. :)

Yeah, I have a Dual Time GMT 42 and every part of it is scary too in terms of quality - even the deployant clasp. Although, the two new Rollies - the ceramic GMT and the new YM have a whole new level of quality. Some hate the new styles, but the quality has stepped up in a big way with those two. I'm getting the new SS GMT with the green hand next actually...

Good to see you too, BT. Glad to see you still around and shooting great pics as always. Happy to be lurking around again. Cheers!

I must confess my sins...I am a hedge fund guy...

Volatile markets = particularly large sums of money for RobbieG - LOL - although I don't buy particularly expensive pieces as far as watches go. <ost are under 7K. I am fortunate to have a very nice collection though. My heart will always be in reps though I tend to buy more gens these days. In fact, I just got an ETA SFSO and it is amazing. Vac is luming it as we speak. A nice watch is a nice watch - rep or gen...

Thanks for being gracious enough to answer my question Robbie. Now. Teach me your ways. I am not too proud to beg! :D

I agree, the SFSO's are definately amazing. Side by side, the quality is close to the gen. What dial color did you go with?

Since you know I have no shame now, here's a shot of mine.

DSC01624.jpg

Enjoy that YN, you have great taste!

Everything except the face of course looks like a yacht-master...

but nevertheless I admire this watch!! beauty!!

Really? I really see no resemblance other than the alternating brushed/polished surfaces. The hands, case shape, bezel, lume, clasp, and the dial as you mentioned are all UN and nothing like a Rolex. When I say I replaced the YM - not really - I just meant that I think this is more interesting than the YM in the broad category of a bezel sports watch with polished surfaces and a grey-ish dial...

Everything except the face of course looks like a yacht-master...

but nevertheless I admire this watch!! beauty!!

I see the resemblance, but I think the UN looks more thought out and refined in its design. Artistically I think its much more substantial.

Thanks for being gracious enough to answer my question Robbie. Now. Teach me your ways. I am not too proud to beg! :D

I agree, the SFSO's are definately amazing. Side by side, the quality is close to the gen. What dial color did you go with?

Since you know I have no shame now, here's a shot of mine.

DSC01624.jpg

Enjoy that YN, you have great taste!

I got the blue dial SFSO. I have so many watches with black dials it was the only choice for me - although I love the black too. My principal sports watch lineup consists of watches each with their own touch of color Gen IWC Ti Aquatimer (dash of yello), Gen 42MM PO (black), The UN MMD (grey/silver), Rep SFSO (blue), Rep Rolex GMT (Blk/Red or red/blue depending on insert). These are the ones I wear in constant rotation depending on the activity/dress, etc...They are all very different and unique from each other both in color, finish, function and size.