When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

scratches in brushed SS

dippy

I have several gens that I'd like to clean up and maybe put up for sale. I am wondering what the best and or easiest way would be to remove scratches from brushed SS????? Would a dremel with a buffer wheel work? Cape Cod?

Any info would be greatly appreciated........................ :D

The best thing I have found is a something called a "Sand Turtle" that my AD turned me on to. It is basically a type of nail buffer that can be found in a beauty supply store. I'm not sure if there are different grades of them but I get the purple ones. It applies a nice brushed finish.

I have several gens that I'd like to clean up and maybe put up for sale. I am wondering what the best and or easiest way would be to remove scratches from brushed SS????? Would a dremel with a buffer wheel work? Cape Cod?

Any info would be greatly appreciated........................ :D

I agree with frankt, the green "Tuffy" pad, they are called "Scotch Brite" pads by me. Usually $175 for 3. Use lightly and it works great, also works on Ti. Here are some scans I did a while back.

Ti/SS Scratch Repair

Green "Tuffy" scrubber pad...Been using it for 20 yrs now!!...Never fails...Available in the soap aisle at your supermarket for less than a buck!! ;):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just used one to remove a big bump on my ingy not 5 min ago like this!!!!