When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem fitting new strap to PAM 204

section8

So i picked up a PAM 204 for the wife but she didnt' like the rep strap very much. She latched on to an OF strap i had for the 005 so I decided to let her have it. No biggie right? Wrong

i cannot for the love of all that is holy get these damn posts to tighten up after changing the strap. Is there some trick that I am painfully unaware of? Do i need to glue the bastards in? These little damn screws are not deep enough to actually hold the strap posts in place! WTF.

Someone please guide me in the right direction before i break out some JB Weld.

So i picked up a PAM 204 for the wife but she didnt' like the rep strap very much. She latched on to an OF strap i had for the 005 so I decided to let her have it. No biggie right? Wrong

i cannot for the love of all that is holy get these damn posts to tighten up after changing the strap. Is there some trick that I am painfully unaware of? Do i need to glue the bastards in? These little damn screws are not deep enough to actually hold the strap posts in place! WTF.

Someone please guide me in the right direction before i break out some JB Weld.

Sounds like a call for a pair of River's springbars

DOH!

be good if i could read

getting my 04's and my 40's crossed, even more stoopid given i just parted with a 204

best of luck with the glue

Do you mean the screws keep turning, if so you may have stripped the threads, A set od DSN spring bars will solve that problem or a tiny drop of 242 locktight thread lock will hold it in place.

Do you mean the screws keep turning, if so you may have stripped the threads, A set od DSN spring bars will solve that problem or a tiny drop of 242 locktight thread lock will hold it in place.

A little bit of clear nail polish might do the trick, too. ;)

the thread of the screws holds fine - the thing is the screws don't seem to be long enough to hold the strap posts inside the case with any authority.

the thread of the screws holds fine - the thing is the screws don't seem to be long enough to hold the strap posts inside the case with any authority.
A little loc tite on both the strap post ends AND the screws might help...Or some clear lacquer, or some epoxy...???

My only problems with my only Rad case with removable wires has been the opposite!!...The screws are frozen in place, making it impossible to remove the lug wires without some serious, and potentially case damaging forcing !!

Fortunately, I like the strap that came on the watch, and, being rose gold, I seldom wear it except when "dressing up" which don't happen much anymore to a retired guy in SW Florida!!.... :D :D