When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Diving watch -> Diving Rep ?

im2

Summer has come... so imagine an embarrassing scene like this..:

Saturday evening you get lots of good comments on your pam submersible, or sub , or sea-dweller...

The next morning ,you go diving with the same company... And b4 you dive.. you take your watch off and hand it to someone else who is not diving ... B)

I have read in repgeek a post of a member (he is on rwg too i think) who went diving with his SSD and the watch managed it impressively well...

Has someone tested other reps that proved reliable companions to diving?

Please share your experiences...

I own a ultimate DSN PAM11h , DSN claims that this is tested to 3 atm... What deplth is it? Should i try it to dive with?

Just my 2 cents.

Says the guy who has dropped a couple tons on testing said watches rather thoroughly.... ;)

I say, take his word for it... after you go to the local battery changer and have him pressure test your particular watch. K?

I would not swim with a watch that is only rated to 30m. Slapping your wrist down on the water when swimming can generate pressures in excess of that on the watch.

With ANY rep I think it is very wise to have the watch tested FIRST and then decide what level of water activity is appropriate for the watch. I have a SSD and plan to use it for spear fishing AFTER I have confirmed it's 100m rating (claimed by several dealers).

Here is a standard water resistance guide:

watches_water_resistance.gif

i swim with my SSD and surf with it in the Pacific Ocean. It's seen pool/salt water about 20-25 times already (exposed at least an hour each time in the water) and no problems with it.

I use my 1680, my UPO and my 1665 to swim almost every day for at least two hours. I have never had any issues before, as long your case back is secured there should not be a problem.

Next week i will be on vacation at Roatan, good scuba diving place in Central America. I will take the advanced diver course and I will take my watches down with me.

Cheers.

Swimming is o.k.

I personally wouldn't trust any rep in anything more strenuous than a shower !!

When I go diving, I often wear a rep (on the dive boat) and then swap to a "proper" gen dive watch - my Titanium Citizen Aquamount which has a built in dive computer to record my dive time, water temp., max depth etc... I can wear the Citizen with the confidence that it's not going to fail as soon as I drop below 3m !! B)

1000792rz5.jpg

Don't the dealers guarantee the SuperOcean will withstand depths of 100m ?

I think that one has a 5mm thick crystal, so it's probably the one that's best suited for diving, of all the reps?