When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ruby's Heritage What a Price!

jeroen1985

A similar thread is going on at,

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=75626

Whereas euro-timez has given his opinion as to whether a so called Swiss ETA 2824-2 , sold by Josh,( as a swiss eta 2824-2 )

is genuine or in fact a clone.

No evidence or backup, simply another hit at another dealer.

Give the man some time to respond...

If you read his post he wrote that ACCORDING to his WATCHSMITH. So maybe he should let that guy look at the pictures.

And probably is Euro Timez not only busy reading on this forum the whole weekend, but hopefully sourcing nice watches for the members of RWG...

Sorry I've been out of town --different city--, in a matter of fact for the weekend and actually had to spend one extra day because of some misfortune... You know some dealers also have social lives :) , please read my reply below. RODWC (nice pics by the way, very very good shot, better than I could ever take)...

My casebacks get opened and marked! just read some reviews with PICTURES of independant reviews done by long-term members, like rolexman HERE.

MY reply copied from the other thread; Responding on the pics of another member ---which is def a COPY-ETA movement--

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry466240

@ Rowdc, sorry if I did upset you in any way. I'm been out of town and actually I don't keep track of everything that I post. The main difference that I can tell easiely is a GEAR, yours seem to be gen ETA, I requested actually a picture from my watchsmith in CHINA for the ROTOR one --it's not the rotor but the inner workings--, as this one I personally don't know how to look at it the watches which come from THAILAND, I don't have to open the ROTOR as I tell fist of all by the GEAR and my suppliers in TH have always treated my like royalty ---never sold me anything else that I didn't order---- ... But i'll guarantee my ass that the first pic is 1000% a copy ETA movement... THE GEAR SILVER ONE (BIG ONE) is polished, while the GEN ETA 2836-2 in my experience has always been brushed!!!

So check picture 2 from the first post and tell me what you see... besides that also the rotor isn't engraved which is a very commen sign it is a COPY ETA...

So I don't want to take it to a personal level but please consider that I'm quite busy and I do have a social life so if I missed out on reply on a post --please accept my apology-- but I have customers that need to be answered and I loose track postings online.... But if you want to side up with Josh or who-ever then consider the white-lies they been saying and are still keeping up... ETA 2813?! How are you going to defend that? Or all the other stuff.... and how about all the other posts of COPY ETA movements coming from well known dealers...

I'm not the one causing confusion because I know exactly what I sell, and I believe they know exactly what they sell! Think of it and consider the prices that they offer is it realistic?!?!

Also read here for more info for all interested...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=75726

Edited by EuroTimez

@Euro-Timez.

Also posted in movement Q&A.

Many thanks for your upfront honesty, and believe me when I say that there was nothing personal.

Too many people have put forward their opinions in the past, to the degree that this has all become confusing to many.

At least you are the first person so far to give any hard fact and evidence , as to where the differences between ETA and Copy, movements lie.

My whole point of contention lies in getting what I pay for, if that be a genuine ETA , that is what I want and expect.

If I pay for a copy ETA, fine I expect a copy and accept that it is a clone/copy ETA.

I side with NO particular dealer......NO ONE .....

It would be nice to expect every dealer to be up front and honest, ( As you are ), but this is obviously not the case, buyer beware !

Good luck Chris and many thanks again.

Hi RODWC,

Thanks for the reply, no don't get me wrong I understood why you might have been upset and you're right if I claim something I need to verify it... It wasn't that I was trying to avoid doing so.... I was just genuinely busy :p

for clarity sake my post above nr28 is a copy of my reply to another post where is I commented that it was def a copy movement..... click here

START QUOTE

But i'll guarantee my ass that the first pic is 1000% a copy ETA movement... THE GEAR SILVER ONE (BIG ONE) is polished, while the GEN ETA 2836-2 in my experience has always been brushed!!!

So check picture 2 from the first post and tell me what you see... besides that also the rotor isn't engraved which is a very commen sign it is a COPY ETA...

END QUOTE

RODWC seems to be good one :)

so, back on topic. this IS real ETA on Ruby's web site then?

Well,yes and no...

I just put in an order with Ruby and asked the question, pointing her toward this thread...here are her replies in bold:

These are absolutely real Swiss ETA movements not clones ?

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=75350

cheers

Adam

Hi Adam

Be honest, this one is not real swiss. Real swiss movemet one, new price is $269.

Let me knwo if you still want this one.

Thanks!

Ruby

thank you for letting me know. I am not sure what to do. What movement is in the $219 version ?

Many thanks

adam

Asian ETA 2836, 28800BPH.

I really want this watch but as a noob, i don't know the diff between a 21j and an asian 2836 or whether 219 is a good price for an asian clone... :huh:

Or you could order it from Silix for $140 instead.

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1989

Ruby has the 21 j for $129...My question is around the diffences between the 21J and the asian eta clone. Different names for the same thing ? I don't need a swiss ETA, I'll be happy with the Asian copy at $219, i just want to know in which respects it's better than a 21j movement....

Silix's Swiss EtA is $250, but the one in his site pics has well wonky lume at the hour markers...i will happily pay the extra $19 to get pics from Ruby of the actual watch I'll be getting so i can visually check it over prior to shipping. I'm pleased she didn't try to pass off the asian as swiss.