When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Online Store

dariusp

Hey guys,

I haven't been on much (not that I post a lot anyways) because I've been working on my online store, Pete's Hats. Here is a little background on it.

Pete's Hats began as an idea that my father and I had a few years ago to sell men's hats. We never had it materialize due to the fact of me always working a "real job", but the idea stuck with me. We were both avid "hat men", often trying to outdo one another with hats that we found or purchased.

After I got married in September of 2002, my dad unfortunately passed in December of the same year. While my wife and I own our own business, I decided to finally do something about this "idea" that had been in my head and deeply embedded in my heart for a long time. And so, Pete's Hats, named after my Dad, became a reality that I hope you will enjoy.

Check it out! Not sure if I can give the address or not, so Click Here! and tell me what you think. Right now I only ship CONUS, but anyone overseas fancies something they might like send me a note.

Thanks guys, btw I've still got my eye on a 113 with Black Shell Cordovan. :D

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

Looks good, I really like the background behind the idea, I love to hear stuff like that. I am not really a hat guy, but I like the idea. How hard was it setting up an ebay store? Good luck with your endevor.

My appologies the link works...........my internet connection dropped out :blush:

Nice site, it wouldn't be worth it for us Internationals to buy from you as by the time you add shipping we would be able to buy locally cheaper but still avery nice site for those in the states. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yeah, it's not hard to set up an eBay store. The hardest thing is know some html (which I don't, I just kind of stumbled through it at first, but then got the hang of some of it). There is a program called Turbo Lister that you can use that helps with that though.

Sidenote, how can we use logos as a sig to direct to other sites? I know the dealers here have links to their sites, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Edited by dariusp

Sidenote, how can we use logos as a sig to direct to other sites? I know the dealers here have links to their sites, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Like this:

[url=http://stores.ebay.com/Petes-Hats][img=http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/s/07/53/2b/61_11.JPG][/url]

Gives you this:

79027-30837.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We're doing well Pug, thanks for asking!

A couple of sales from the site and orders placed from customers face to face, so no complaints so far. Having a blast. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 4 months later...

Bump for the holidays and and update.

The site has been up since July and we are doing pretty good. The holidays have increased our sales online and offline. I've been debating if I'm going to have a "crazy sale" for RWG members that order. Hmmm :g:

Any suggestions?

• 4 months later...