When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Titanium Dilemma

MajorBobL

Titanium  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Breitling Seawolf Titanium Grey
    • IWC Ingenuier AMG Special Ed Titanium/Nylon
    • Panerai 089 TI Antracite Marina GMT

I went for the 089 because the seawolf is hard to find, the AMG dial i find too plain after a normal ingy, the only problem with the 89 is finding a good working one, DSN now makes a good example but it is a lottery right now to get good QC from him.

Agree... The 089 is a good watch. Forget the Breitling, too many flaws.

As for IWC Ingenieur, this is the only model missing on my IWC collection (Ti AMG non chrono). I don't know why, it doesn't attract me as much as the other 3 Ingenieur reps.

all 3 watches are really nice ones...with the fact that the previous poster said about the breitling...it is really hard to find one FS on the 2nd hand market...and the other two are really nice reps...I voted for the PAM only because PAMs are my fav brand...but the IWC is a nice rep as well!

pay attention that the breitling you posted a pic of is the 2nd generation of the rep with a lot of flaws and a big step back from ver1...I think that you've just narrowed your options to two reps...

Ingy SS is terrific. I never cared for the ti version.

Pam ti is pretty cool, but my favorite of these three would be the Seawolf. It's the most masculine to begin with, so the most suited to titanium.

If you can't find a good version of the Seawolf, hte Pam would be an excellent alternative.

I own all three (or pretty similar models) all in Ti, and I vote for the AMG, I personally prefer the chrono but unless you're ok with a movement strip down and graphite treatment of the transfer gears they are more hassle than its worth. The Eta based one like you've shown is great though.

Also you should look at the 177h Panerai while they are in stock.

I own all three (or pretty similar models) all in Ti, and I vote for the AMG, I personally prefer the chrono but unless you're ok with a movement strip down and graphite treatment of the transfer gears they are more hassle than its worth. The Eta based one like you've shown is great though.

Also you should look at the 177h Panerai while they are in stock.

I've got two of the old Seawolfs and they are fantastic but are no longer available and very rarely show up for sale on the used market. Judging from recent sales if one shows up you can expect to spend 500 or more for one. My vote would be for the 089 as I prefer the Ingy in SS. And yeah you should consider the 177h while Josh/Andrew still have some. I guess what they have are old stock and when they are gone that's it.

Love the Ingenieur...

I went into an AD on holiday in Greece last year (jkarpas, you should have come along !), and as it wasn't a planned visit, I was wearing the AMG (completely unmodded)... the AD spotted it and showed me all the IWCs. Got to try on the Aquatimers, chrono and non-chrono... very very nice. He offered me "the usual discount" if I was thinking of buying any one of them.

And then onto Cyprus, my friend's cousin's boyfriend worked with high end watches and was impressed by it too.

Anyway, I love this one....

And everyone else, please don't go into ADs with reps unless you keep it hidden under a sleeve! (But Greece was warm last year).

I went for the 089 because the seawolf is hard to find, the AMG dial i find too plain after a normal ingy, the only problem with the 89 is finding a good working one, DSN now makes a good example but it is a lottery right now to get good QC from him.

Joshua tells me that the 089 now comes with Asia ETA 2836 and correct hand stack.

Agree... The 089 is a good watch. Forget the Breitling, too many flaws.

As for IWC Ingenieur, this is the only model missing on my IWC collection (Ti AMG non chrono). I don't know why, it doesn't attract me as much as the other 3 Ingenieur reps.

agree with Taka... my 089 just came back from Ziggy.. lello DW etc. .. getting the AR crystal to add to it.. also have the IWC got to add the Lello DW and get the crystal chiefed.. breiltling .. not an option..

Could only find a 063 with 2836 but as far as i could see it has an independantly adjustable gmt hand and it should be the other way round.

Here's what Joshua had to say to me in an email on Wed, 6/4:

"Hi,

I use the correct hand stack picks ..My further pics will be updated..

The Asian eta 2836 with GMT modification only comes out today..

And for that matter .. this movt only surface recently for installation on watches.

Joshua"