When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skinny Watches - suggestions?

RLudlowe

After having a bunch of dive watches and chunky chronographs, I've decided I really like my watches like I like my women -

skinny, attractive and expensive looking.

I have a Nautilus rep that I love, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some quality reps that are a good mirror of the original in the under 8mm thick range. I prefer mechanical, but I can do quartz in a pinch.

Cost isn't really an issue as long as we're under $2k or so

Any suggestions?

(phone #s of attractive, skinny women who just look expensive are welcome, too)

I would suggest a Patek, or maybe a Breguet replica.

Very nice. I've looked at Pateks, but outside of the Nautilus they seem to be either fantasy watches or "my mother could spot that" fakes.

I'd love to find a really good Calatrava.

Edited by RLudlowe

In reps...look at the Omega Constellation for men. I believe it is only 10mm thick. Nice watch too.

Like you I prefer thinner cases as well. My MBK Nautilus at 9mm is the perfect sports watch IMO.

Like the Nautilus, the APRO Jumbo is a beautiful case and bracelet, and it too is advertised as 9mm.

Genta rules.

I'm not at home to be able to double check, but I believe both the Overseas and Royal Oak are 10mm. They fit my wrist beautifully, but you mentioned under 8 mm. How wedded are you to under 8 mm?

Not really, It just seems that so many of the new watches out there are 16+mm chronos with 7750 engines.

I have a couple of these, but since I got the Nautilus I got the bug for thin.

10mm is like my Santos 100, I'm looking for thinner than that. The Nautilus is 9mm and feels nice.

I've always liked the look of the VC Overseas, I would love to see a wrist shot of that one.

Andrew has one the website says is 8mm with a "Swiss Eta 2824" but the detailing on the back cover stinks.

I guess it's hard to rep a complex engraving like that.

fastest way to tell a rep from a high end watch is the thickness....I have several pateks that arent even close to the gens. My father has two gen moonphase complications and the thinest one I have, quartz and very plain, exactly like the one above, (no complication) is about the same thickness..

My moonphase 13.3mm his moonphase 8.9mm

My simple patek 7.1 mm his simple patek 4.1mm.

ps...the good news is that my brother and I get to fight on who gets the rose gold complication or the platinum complication...$79,000 ([censored] I'd rather spend the money on other stuff, one white daytona, and a nice cayman s, for example ) when he decides to pass it on to the next generation...

Edited by jcmiro

fastest way to tell a rep from a high end watch is the thickness....I have several pateks that arent even close to the gens. My father has two gen moonphase complications and the thinest one I have, quartz and very plain, exactly like the one above, (no complication) is about the same thickness..

My moonphase 13.3mm his moonphase 8.9mm

My simple patek 7.1 mm his simple patek 4.1mm.

ps...the good news is that my brother and I get to fight on who gets the rose gold complication or the platinum complication...$79,000 ([censored] I'd rather spend the money on other stuff, one white daytona, and a nice cayman s, for example ) when he decides to pass it on to the next generation...

jetmid reborn? B)

To follow up on my post of yesterday, the Royal Oak is 10 mm, the Overseas 11 mm. And even though I no longer own my Santos 100, I would be very surprised if it was that thin. The Cartier Dumont, on the other hand, which is square and roughly the same diameter as the Santos 100, is a very thin watch in the 8-10mm range. I love the gen with a gen strap. I've seen pictures of reps, but never seen it in person.