When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with new Serie Speciale

mps925

So after a looong time of reading this and other forums, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Navitimer from Ruby. I have liked this watch for a long time, and always knew that this would be my first replica purchase. So, first off I would just like to say thanks to all members of this forum, even though I didn't have direct contact with anyone, reading posts and reviews really helped me out a lot. So far, I am overall pleased with the watch, there are however a few small differences I wasn't expecting.

When I was looking at the caseback today, I noticed it was more then just a slight misspelling.

messerschmitt was spelled MESSERSCH1417761109 and spitfire was spelled BPITFIRE

I realize that it is just a replica, so these differences don't really bother me, I just that I would point it out.

Also, when the watch arrived yesterday I went ahead and set the time and date, but when I woke up this morning the date hadn't changed over!! Anyone have any ideas about this?

I also noticed there are a few specks of dirt under the crystal.

Do you think this is something I should contact Ruby about or just except that it is a replica, and live with the problems. I will post some pictures as soon as I get my camera back.

Also, when the watch arrived yesterday I went ahead and set the time and date, but when I woke up this morning the date hadn't changed over!! Anyone have any ideas about this?

It will probably change at noon then. If not, then report back again. :D

Unfortunately the Breitling are reknowned for their bad engravings, ever heard of a country caled Swilzerland? Well who ever made the Bentley had heard of it :)

As far as the date change goes, my bet would be that you need to fast fowrard the hour hand by 12 hours.

When setting the date on an automatic, follow these steps...

To set date to the 6th

1. Pull out crown to third position and advance time until date changes.

2. Continue advancing time until 6:00 AM

3. Push crown in one stop and advance date to the 5th

4. Pull crown out and advance time until date changes to 6th

5. Now set time remembering to advance past 12 if PM is required.

Following these steps will not only ensure that the date will change when required, but will also eliminate any chance of damaging the movement.

Thanks for the tip andreww. The date works, I just wasn't paying attention when I set it.

Rolexman, I won't be able to get a picture until June 19th when I get camera back. But, as soon as I get it I'll post a picture on here.

My only guess is that maybe the older 21k navi had the minor misspelling of Messerschmitt, and the newer 28k navi's have the more obvious problems. However, I don't understand why this would have changed... Anyone who can clarify this?