When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next 2 purchases for a newbie

Chaotik

Hi all.

I currently own a rep PO with a 21J movement and I'm very happy with it.

It looks accurate enough to me and at this point, being my first rep, I didn't care so much about having a 21J in it. Of course, that makes it much cheaper too.

The next 2 watches I would like to get are:

1- Chopard MM GTXL with black dial.

2- SFSO with white or blue dial.. haven't decided yet.

I was going to go with 21J in both of them. What do you guys think... As I said, the movement for me isn't all that important. However, I want the watches to look as accurate as possible "from the outside"

Can you tel me which dealer would have the best versions of those.. ? Ideally the same dealer for both to combine shipping.

Thanks

I think they're both good choices. The Chopard is a great replica for the money in my opoinion, I have heard lots of positive things about it. As for the SOSF, you will not be disappointd, two very well priced and good looking watches!

I think they're both good choices. The Chopard is a great replica for the money in my opoinion, I have heard lots of positive things about it. As for the SOSF, you will not be disappointd, two very well priced and good looking watches!

Trusty has the Chopard for just a hair above $100 and actually mentions it has a synthetic sapphire with AR...

I thought it was hard to beat...

Interestingly enough, his SFSO is $60 more but only has a mineral crystal with no mention of AR.

Do you guys know why there would be what seems to be somewhat of a discrepancy ?

The IWC Ingenieur aren't really my cup of tea. Maybe they'll grow on me just like the PAMs did. At first I didn't really see what the fuss was about with PAM and now the 111h is high up on my hit list.

Trusty has the Chopard for just a hair above $100 and actually mentions it has a synthetic sapphire with AR...

I thought it was hard to beat...

Interestingly enough, his SFSO is $60 more but only has a mineral crystal with no mention of AR.

Do you guys know why there would be what seems to be somewhat of a discrepancy ?

The IWC Ingenieur aren't really my cup of tea. Maybe they'll grow on me just like the PAMs did. At first I didn't really see what the fuss was about with PAM and now the 111h is high up on my hit list.

The SOSF feels very much like a genuine watch, it is very robust. I have never handles the Chopard, but the 60USD could be a mix of demand, and also the build quality. The SOSF is one of the best made watches I have handled. It doesn't come with AR, but I believe that an AR coating can be added to the mineral glass with good results.

The GTXL is not that good.... Strap crap, rotor loud as hell...

For the price it's actually very good.

Yes, the rotor makes some noise and will benefit from a fine drop of lubricant, but that in itself doesn't make a watch bad. As for the strap, it's rubber, and I'm not particularly fond of rubber straps, so a Hirsch leather sport strap makes a great upgrade at a nominal price. As far as rubber straps go, the one that comes with the watch is OK, though.

For the price it's actually very good.

Yes, the rotor makes some noise and will benefit from a fine drop of lubricant, but that in itself doesn't make a watch bad. As for the strap, it's rubber, and I'm not particularly fond of rubber straps, so a Hirsch leather sport strap makes a great upgrade at a nominal price. As far as rubber straps go, the one that comes with the watch is OK, though.

For $100 and change, that watch has definately grown on me.