When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do the current crop of UNITAS based Panerais have spring loaded crowns yet?

dabom

Davidsen's do, and have for quite some time. All others, nope.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not familiar with Davidsen, having had a sabbatical from reps until recently. Can someone PM me or let me know where I might sample some of his wares? Ta! B)

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not familiar with Davidsen, having had a sabbatical from reps until recently. Can someone PM me or let me know where I might sample some of his wares? Ta! B)

Your sabbatical must have covered the 'rise and fall' of Davidsen if he is unknown to you. He has a really good sprung crown which is available complete with a matching tube that has an OEM-type internal seal. IMO this is the best non-original crown available. However, complete watches from DSN are a complete pile of cr*p so do yourself a big favour by buying the crown & tube only, as an upgrade for a regular rep. Good luck and don't say that you haven't been warned - there are plenty of posts on the subject, complete with photos of unimaginable horrors.

Thank-you for the tip. Where/how can I get a complete crown assembly? Thanks!

Your sabbatical must have covered the 'rise and fall' of Davidsen if he is unknown to you. He has a really good sprung crown which is available complete with a matching tube that has an OEM-type internal seal. IMO this is the best non-original crown available. However, complete watches from DSN are a complete pile of cr*p so do yourself a big favour by buying the crown & tube only, as an upgrade for a regular rep. Good luck and don't say that you haven't been warned - there are plenty of posts on the subject, complete with photos of unimaginable horrors.

Uh.... I would think contacting Davidsen would be a good start? ;)

Peepshow you smarta$$. ;)

At least tell him how to contact Davidsen as he asked where/HOW.

Daborn,

Look in the collector sectoin. He's in there. Has his own forum with a way to get in touch with him.

Peepshow you smarta$$. ;)

At least tell him how to contact Davidsen as he asked where/HOW.

Daborn,

Look in the collector sectoin. He's in there. Has his own forum with a way to get in touch with him.

That is his email:

davidsenjpn@yahoo.com

Regards,

Athan

However, complete watches from DSN are a complete pile of cr*p so do yourself a big favour by buying the crown & tube only, as an upgrade for a regular rep.

Has anyone done this? I haven't seen it posted, although I haven't been looking for it. Sounds like a quality upgrade if it works... So, anyone done it with a conventional, say Joshua 111H, rep?

That is his email:

davidsenjpn@yahoo.com

Regards,

Athan

That's correct. But, please, dabom, don't let the fact that you got this for free stop you from upgrading to supporter. RWG needs all the help it can get and you'd get a ton of additional great benefits by upgrading.

Edited by jmt