When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just purchased my first Rolex Replica

dst10spr97

I just purchased my first rep after reading many posts on the message board. I ordered it from Josh and it is simply beautiful. :D Also fast shipment! I purchased a Ladies SS Oyster Datejust. (Sorry no pics just yet). I have rather small wrists and need to have a couple of links removed. I have read not to take a rep to an Authorized Dealer. Can I just take it to a regular jewelery store, non AD to get the extra links removed?

Do yourself a favor and buy a small set of jeweler's screw drivers. A nice range of 1.2mm, 1.6mm, 2.0mm should do well for most small items like link removal; if you ever venture into the land of Panerai, having a 1.5mm/1.6mm screwdriver will be a must for strap changes.

Once you have said screw drivers, you can do link removal and adjustment at your convenience, and best of all it will only take a few moments of your time to DIY...

Most Rolex bracelets contain 4-6 links (on either side of the bracelet clasp) that are attached with simple screws. If you look on the edge of the bracelet near the clasp, you should see small screw heads in a few of the links along 1 edge/side (the other edge/side is just the blank opposite end of the screw coming through the other end of the link). It is important to use a good quality flat head screw driver that properly fits into the slot in the screw head without flopping around. Just remove 2 screws (1 at each end of a single link) & the link should come out. Then use only 1 of the screws to rejoin the remaining ends of the bracelet. If the bracelet is still too large, repeat the process to remove another link (or 2).

This is definitely not rocket science & as long as you use a good screw driver of the proper size & you are careful not to apply too much force (snug the screws, do not tighten them) or let the screw driver blade slip out of the screw slot (which may scratch the bracelet), you should be alright.

I just purchased my first rep after reading many posts on the message board. I ordered it from Josh and it is simply beautiful. :D Also fast shipment! I purchased a Ladies SS Oyster Datejust. (Sorry no pics just yet). I have rather small wrists and need to have a couple of links removed. I have read not to take a rep to an Authorized Dealer. Can I just take it to a regular jewelery store, non AD to get the extra links removed?

Welcome. Gotta say, 20 reps in, I just did my first Rollie too. Anyway, if you cant size it yourself, try your country's 'quivalent of Sears'-- low end jewlery outlet or a mom and pop type shop. Often, but not always,they will just do it for you. But NO AD.

Whats AD mean?

As P4 states.. Authourized Dealer... FYI: I went with a friend to an AD once .. a long time ago.. he didn't want to remove his rep. .... the manager spotted his rep.... it was very uncomfortable to say the least..

Congrats dst

Live Strong and Wear it Well