When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Cousteau Diver 2007 Review by Daytona4me

Daytona4me

I thought I had posted this here but I was mistaken. Sorry for the late posting. B)

I have sold my 2006 Cousteau to purchase this Cousteau 2007. I enjoy a blue/orange combo so this model appealed to me a great deal.

The movement in this is an Asian 7750 automatic which beats at 28,800bph. It has a Day / Date complication and has working chronographs.

iwc_cousteau_07002.jpg

The crystal has a nice ar coating and mine has no fingerprints, scratches or dust on it. The one area that I do not think the Cousteau gets a lot of credit for is the case. This case is not your traditional casing, it is simply amazing that they nailed this case and made it perfect. If you look at the case you will see the precision measuring where the crystal meets the case and how there is no unevenness. You should also notice that this is a brushed stainless case but look below where the crystal meets the case, you will find that there is a polished ring (for lack of a better description), I point this out only to continue drawing attention to this amazing case.

iwc_cousteau_07004.jpg

The crown is nicely etched whereas you find many replicas where the crown is not very defined with it's etching, this is not the case with this IWC! The pushers do not feel cheap and provide a nice solid feeling when pushing. It has a nice smooth feeling when depressed as well as it's return back to it's original position. The chronographs reset to their correction position without fail. :)

iwc_cousteau_07003.jpg

When I wear this watch it feels like I found a big round stone and put straps on it and threw it on my arm. The 06 and this 07 version has always felt "slightly" awkward on my wrist. I think it is a combination of a small diameter strap on this 44mm-45mm watch.

This strap is a hard rubber strap, one that is not really flexible and will hold up for a long time. I had noticed that the rubber strap on my 06 began to turn a lighter color the more I wore it and it aged. I think this is natural with this kind of rubber strap and something that is unavoidable. I would be very careful to treat the rubber with anything like a lubricant or moisturizer as it may break down the rubber causing pits in it and a waxy sticky feeling.

The detail that went into this watch is insane. The caseback is light years ahead of the caseback on the 06 version.

iwc_cousteau_07009.jpg

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this replica a 9 with it's only negatives being the width and toughness of it's strap.

With it's current price with most dealers being around the $300 mark I would rate this a great purchase based on it's high quality and medium to medium/high price.

I hope you have enjoyed my review of my IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Diver 2007.

Please enjoy a couple more pictures of this fine watch.

iwc_cousteau_07001.jpg

iwc_cousteau_07012.jpg

iwc_cousteau_07013.jpg

That's a beauty! Great pics too!

One of the best reps around for sure. It looks like the price has come down too (at least relatively, compared to many new offerings).

The difference in lume is kind of like the difference in Noctiluminova vs. Superluminova from RC Tritech...

Noctiluminova seems a tad brighter during the 1st minute after exposure but fades faster than Superluminova (which is the far superior product imo). For the record, I dont think there is any comparison between Noctiluminova & Superluminova.. Superluminova is FAR better.

I think the 07 shines a little brighter for a moment but faded quicker than my 06.

That settles it! I must have one !!! ASAP !!! Thanks for the beautiful pictures.............