When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1655 Mc Queen

vlydog

24-603-0 should work, though I believe some of these 6mm crowns were for use with a 5.3mm case tube. Memory is kind of fuzzy, but I seem to recall that all of the newer ones are using this set up (tube 24-5330-0).

I saw a 24-5330-0 tube on the bay and it said for Rolex Crown Tube NOS Mens Explorer II Ref 16550

Do you mean that this tube will work with the 24-603 crown?

I don't think it will work for you. The 24-603-0 crowns were introduced with the sapphire crystal. You would need a 24-600-0.

Do you have a 24-603-0? Or are you planning on buying one from a certain seller on the bay from AZ? He lists 24-603-0 but sends out 24-600-0 crowns. So if you already bought one from him, then you probably have the 24-600-0. Very confusing.

If you do have a 24-603-0, let me know, If it is in good condition, I'll buy it from you.

That sounds right to me. I think the older 24-602 crown uses the 6mm tube- 24-6020.

Seems like I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the 24-600-0 crown takes a 24-6010-0 tube. I know I'm confused- it's nothing like the fairly cut and dried 7mm Sub crowns and tubes!

I know I'm confused- it's nothing like the fairly cut and dried 7mm Sub crowns and tubes!

Indeed. I'm in the same boat, more or less. The 7mm's are fairly simple... I never really researched the 6mm or 5mm's either, so what little I do know is mostly forgotten...

the Genuine crown I got is listed as a 6mm ss original 1655 25j .. very thin crown.. I was given the tube.. the tube may very well be after market.. it measures under 5mm .. if that is of any help..

sorry I was sent the tube in a plain plastic.. no markings