When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Klinkster

ekhunter

I will admit his welcome PM was helpful at the old RWG.

There were problems with that welcome message in the old RWG. It had The Zigmeister's name in there (which he objected to) as well as recommending RBJ (now also a mod at RWI).

It also had one dealer put above others, which I'm sure, not everyone would agree with or like.

There were problems with that welcome message in the old RWG. It had ziggy's name in there (which he objected to) as well as recommending RBJ (now also a mod at RWI).

It also had one dealer put above others, which I'm sure, not everyone would agree with or like.

In a nutshell, we offered to pin this guide in the newbie section for Klink, but he somehow took offense to this and wanted to raise a stink. I personally think it was a great guide. A bit long winded and skewed to certain dealers & sites :g: , but overall a good guide. Regardless the intent of this guide, we got several complaints about this "Welcome" message and that's when asked him to allow us to pin it instead of him sending it to every new member. Although I rarely understood half of what Klink was saying, I did enjoy seeing him around...

In a nutshell, we offered to pin this guide in the newbie section for Klink, but he somehow took offense to this and wanted to raise a stink. I personally think it was a great guide. A bit long winded and skewed to certain dealers & sites :g: , but overall a good guide. Regardless the intent of this guide, we got several complaints about this "Welcome" message and that's when asked him to allow us to pin it instead of him sending it to every new member. Although I rarely understood half of what Klink was saying, I did enjoy seeing him around...
he didn't want it pinned because the general feeling is that all people don't read the pinned information there for it would not be as affective. everything went south from there. it turned into a political football because of the dealers that were listed and the whole joe vs The Zigmeister mess. the people that were complaining about it didn't need the information but they got their way and the newbies that the information was ment to help have suffered because of it. it's very sad but thats pretty much the readers digest version of it. it was all political bs. i received that letter when i joined and thought it was a treasure chest of information. i have not seen 1 post from a newbie complaining about receiving it but i have seen posts complaining about not receiving it. go figure. oh well klink is alive and well at rwi and still rambling on in newyorkeeze or something and according to him life is still good! lol

The great thing about pinned threads (that is, good pinned threads) is that even if you have been around for awhile, you can still learn something if you reread them every six to 12 months.

I just reread Edge's "award winning" newbie threads, and learned a few worthwhile things.

And I recall appreciating a number of the points/insights that Klink made in his newbie message. Sure, he was overly biased toward certain dealers, and it's harder for a newbie to filter that sort of partisanship than it is for someone who has been here for some time. But pinning a thread is an honor.

Although I often didn't know what the heck Klink was talking about, I have no doubt that he is positive asset for any board and I hope that he is made welcome any time he chooses to visit our humble camp.

I don't understand why would anyone complain about Klink's pm.

Anyway, he's not coming back RWG and it is meaningless for the discussion.

yes , i don't understand it either but it happened and unfortunatly i have to agree with the second part of your post also.

That PM had some dealers listed as well as where to go for mods, but we already have a dealers section (non-existent in RWG1) and a watch repair and upgrade section, with The Zigmeister's and joe's own sections there.

In RWG1 it made sense to list dealers and how to contact them, over here you just go to the dealers section.

yes , i don't understand it either but it happened and unfortunatly i have to agree with the second part of your post also.

Never visited RWI before. Anyway, he was always a freindly voice, especially to noobs at the old RWG site. He was always entertaining, and had some very deep threads sometimes. Was just curious what happened to the old Klinkster. Oh well, the show must go on! Life is Good!