When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which vendor has the best GMTII ceramic

rolexconfuse

I've noticed that King, Joshua, and Andrew carry the GMTII with the ceramic dial from the posts. I know that the hand stacks are not exactly correct and i'm fine with that as long as the watch runs. My question is, are all the watch pretty much the same? Are they all be sourced from the same factory? If not which vendor has the one with the best looking CG's, crowns, band and etc? I know the reps can't be perfect I just want the one with the least cosmetic flaws.

AFAIK, all from the same factory. Used Josh's GEN to make the rep. Angus still has the asian ICH in stock. I'm sure J & A will have them soon too. Excellent rep BTW. I have a hard time taking mine off since I got it.

Call me stupid but I can't figure out which seller is "angus" can you point me in the right direction

Stupid! :p

Oh, Angus is Puretime..... B)

gotcha,

Okay I don't see the watch listed on Josh's site (perfet-clones.com) but i do see it on Andrew and King's site. Andrew is selling 3 versions of the same watch? 2 listings with swiss eta and 1 Asian, can anyone confirm if the 2 swiss are actually the same watch listed 2x or if they're actually different?

There should be Swiss with correct hand stack (sold out), Swiss and Asian clone with incorrect hand stack.......

Cheers! B)

From what i understand the correct hand stack does not last long and could implode the movement unless this only applies to the Asian and not Swiss ETA movement.

Andrew for the 2 swiss GMT

1.) Swiss ETA 2836-2 Modified with GMT Hand Adj (not sold out swiss version)

2.) Swiss ETA 2836-2 Modified with Correct Hand Stack (sold out swiss version)

So the "GMT hand adj" is not the same as having the CHS like in #2?

Not got one myself but i would say that the general concensus is that it is fine if it is serviced, and there is the question, do you save $70 and get the asian or spend the extra and depending on retailer run the lottery of getting an asian any way.

If you have to have it right NOW get the Asian. Otherwise, wait for the ETA to be available again. I think it's worth the extra $100.

I'm not sure if the vendors are waiting for the shipments of stock to come in or if they're waiting for the factories to actual make more. If it's the latter I'm just a little worried that the "factories" or "factory" may end up doing a slight change or introduce some unexpected errors onto what most people think is an excellent rep out of the box to begin with.

Rep collecting/buying is like a crap shoot LoL

From what i understand the correct hand stack does not last long and could implode the movement unless this only applies to the Asian and not Swiss ETA movement.

That applies to the most expensive version w/the Swiss CHS. That being said, there are members here that have reps with CHS that have been working for years. The trick is not to fiddle with the independently adjustable hour hand. That will send your watch to an early death. Mine has been running flawlessly for over 2 weeks now. Knock on wood.

OK gents... so if I definitely want an ETA version and I want to have the least amount of potential issues, am I buying the CHS or IHS? :huh:

The incorrect hand stack (ICHS) version will have a much more reliable movement, but the GMT hand will be under the hour hand, whereas it should be above the hour hand, as it is with the CHS version and genuine Rolex GMT2...... That is why it is called as such.....

Plus the genuine Rolex GMT2 watch has the hour hand as adjustable, which the CHS version replicates, the ICHS version has an adjustable GMT hand, not hour hand, so that is less accurate too, if you care about that sort of detail....

All a bit of a moot point, seeing as the CHS version is unavailable due to movement issues.....

Cheers! B)

The incorrect hand stack (ICHS) version will have a much more reliable movement, but the GMT hand will be under the hour hand, whereas it should be above the hour hand, as it is with the CHS version and genuine Rolex GMT2...... That is why it is called as such.....

Plus the genuine Rolex GMT2 watch has the hour hand as adjustable, which the CHS version replicates, the ICHS version has an adjustable GMT hand, not hour hand, so that is less accurate too, if you care about that sort of detail....

All a bit of a moot point, seeing as the CHS version is unavailable due to movement issues.....

Cheers! B)

Thanks Mickey! ;)

So... being the stickler-for-details kinda guy I am, I should wait for the CHS Eta version without the movement issues. :D

Any idea when that will be available? Anyone?

Thanks as always gents. B)

I think I will get the Asian for now, If I had some easy access to a decent watch guy who would work on a rep I would wait and see but I don't know of anyone. I don't want to spend 300-400 bucks for the Swiss CHS to find out that the "fixed" movement has another new issue that can implode the watch. It would suck to end up with a 300-400 hunk of metal

Angus has it listed the GMT II ceramic as sold out on his website for the asian today but yesterday I added one to my account and it's still in my cart. I want to check out and pay for it today but I'm not sure if there is still one left (the one in my cart being reserved) or not. If there is indeed nothing left I don't want to pay and have to sit and wait...

Angus has it listed the GMT II ceramic as sold out on his website for the asian today but yesterday I added one to my account and it's still in my cart. I want to check out and pay for it today but I'm not sure if there is still one left (the one in my cart being reserved) or not. If there is indeed nothing left I don't want to pay and have to sit and wait...

I would suggest that just because your PC's cookie is holding the item in the shopping cart, it would actually have nothing to do with real life stock. If it is listed as sold out, then it is safe to assume there are none available....

Cheers! B)