When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which vendor has the best GMTII ceramic

rolexconfuse

I agree with Mickey. But these ceramic GMTs seem to have fallen into a pattern of repeated limited deliveries. So if you wait a bit, it will probably back in stock soon.

They do seem to come in batches, but I feel that is a good thing. Maybe they are taking more time putting this watch together? I mean we have seen zero posts complaining of dusty dials, or messy hands etc....

If only all rep watches were made to this level of QC (know movement issues aside).

Cheers! :)

Exactly. And, hopefully, the new GMTIIC is a hint of more (similar high quality reps) to come & not just an aberration. The more time I spend with it, the more in awe I am of it. This rep sets a new benchmark of quality in the history of Rolex reps. And the chs version, if it proves to be reliable (for those owners who are able to keep from playing with the hour hand setting) in the long-term, will establish itself as a legend, at least in my book.

ichs/ chs -no biggie to me. i have the gen tt

and if i didn't hear about this whole thing i never

would have noticed. nobody in the real world knows which hand should be closer to the dial.

if they get that close they better be sleeping with you anyway

i have the $188 asian from josh and it runs fine.

They do seem to come in batches, but I feel that is a good thing. Maybe they are taking more time putting this watch together? I mean we have seen zero posts complaining of dusty dials, or messy hands etc....

If only all rep watches were made to this level of QC (know movement issues aside).

Cheers! :)

While the quality of the parts and overall reproduction are excellent and precedent setting for a rolex rep, I'm not even a little optimistic that we're in some new era of QC. I love my GMT-ALOT, but it does have many QC issues. I hope my case is an isolated one: mechanical issues/unreliability (swiss eta), one of the hands has scratches on it if you catch the light at the right angle, there is prominent piece of dust on the underside of the crystal, a couple of the screws are screwy (this has been a common observation), and I've had moisture infiltration w/o submerging the watch.

These are problems I've never had with any other rep I've ordered, except one (bad movement, and it was also a GMT). Like I said, I hope these are isolated to my watch.

I've noticed that King, Joshua, and Andrew carry the GMTII with the ceramic dial from the posts. I know that the hand stacks are not exactly correct and i'm fine with that as long as the watch runs. My question is, are all the watch pretty much the same? Are they all be sourced from the same factory? If not which vendor has the one with the best looking CG's, crowns, band and etc? I know the reps can't be perfect I just want the one with the least cosmetic flaws.

I got mine from Andrew and was amazed at how fast it was shipped. No issues with the watch and I am very glad I ordered it (I debated with myself whether this was just a GMT with a green GMT hand but overall the watch is quite striking, different than the regular GMT and I love the new bezel). No quality issues on mine, everything is as it should be with the watch.

TimeShare

Arggggg when will they be back in whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...... I missed out on Angus's last asian gmt..

maybe I got the last one, I put hand on it monday and now it all sold out... :p

but it mention it will be back in stock in few days... keep :pray: