When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

San Francisco last minute GTG Sunday 6/22 @ 7:30pm

promotersf

Hey guys,

Getting together with Shane(Slai) and Brad(DeltaTahoe) for a drink or 2, with possibly dinner on Sunday 6/22 after 7:30 in San Francisco. Slai is out here on Biz for the week, and was going to help ship a special bottle of tequila for The Zigmeister. If anyone else wants to meet up, let us know.

Drinks, Food, Watches and Friends=Good time :victory:

dave

Hey guys,

Getting together with Shane(Slai) and Brad(DeltaTahoe) for a drink or 2, with possibly dinner on Sunday 6/22 after 7:30 in San Francisco. Slai is out here on Biz for the week, and was going to help ship a special bottle of tequila for The Zigmeister. If anyone else wants to meet up, let us know.

Drinks, Food, Watches and Friends=Good time :victory:

dave

Lucky guys you are B)

I was in SF one month ago 2 days for my job .... what a wonderfull city :wub: :wub: :wub:

It was my first time in SF and i really fail in love .... crossing the Golden gate on bike, have a beer in Sausalito ......Enjoy friends, and make us dream with some pics ;)

Regards

Eric

hey j,

wish you could be up here but it looks like you guys have your own SoCal get together :thumbsupsmileyanim:

next time you're up, hit me up and i'll do the same next time im in SD. i might take my girlfriend's camera. but it will detract from carrying more watches :)

hopefully one of the boys will have a camera to bring

dave

It was fantastic meeting promotersf and deltatahoe...hopefully the first of many SF GTGs. I need to visit SF again. Here's the only pic that's remotely presentable due to the poor lighting at the restaurant.

IMG_3272_2-1.jpg

This was the original pic before photoshopping.

IMG_3272.jpg

I could not stop staring at deltatahoe's BP all night...and trying it on gave me goosebumps and a chill down my spine.

wow shane, you're quick on the draw...just got home to pour a nightcap, and you already have pics up! it was awesome getting together with you and brad, the start of several other SF GTGs.

i loved having our gens lined up, but the BP took the cake...<I must resist!!!>

brad, thanks for picking the restaurant, had a great time and my girlfriend was passed out from the dinner party I had to "miss" so that we could get together...All good.

safe trip back, always a pleasure meeting our fellow members!!!

dave :victory:

definitely a great evening fellas -- this was my first GTG, and it was a lot of fun to sit down and talk watches with two other passionate watch collectors. we were the last people to leave the restaurant; even after before-dinner drinks, appetizers, our main course & dessert we were still chatting away about everything from the new ap roo w/ seconds at 12, ziggy's amazing work, how reps tend to lead to gens, and of course what a great place we have with RWG...

at one point with several watches on the table (probably 5 or 6) we asked our waitress which watch she liked the best, and after a little consideration she decided dave's gen 24 was her favorite. i have to admit (and i think slai will agree), the 24 has a ton of presence in person (pictures don't do it justice), it is a real looker :wub:

great people, great food, great watches; it really doesn't get much better :victory:

deltatahoe

It was really surprising that the waitress picked the 24. I didn't expect a "normal" person to pick that out as their favourite. Then again, she has a tattoo of a perpetual moon-phase calendar clock or something along those lines tattoed on her back.

That was a really good time. I need to find another excuse to come back here. It's off to Orlando tomorrow morning and I wish I had a lot more time. D, thanks again for suggesting I come up to SF instead of staying in San Jose.

B, right now the BP is without a doubt at the top of my list. Bat-signal for WISes! :D

It was kinda last minute, Slai actually originally was coming just to grab a Christmas gift bottle I had bought for The Zigmeister to bring back to Canada since he's from Montreal...gotta love our amazing members!

Next time, I'm sure we can get a couple more members to join in, I know we definitely want the King of AR Brian aka Chieftang at the next one. I'm not much of an organizer since I'm in and out of town so often, but whenever another SF GTG happens, hit me up...if no one sets up something, we'll...I guess I'll have to make an excuse to...get together. :victory:

One interesting note, even though we enjoy all watches, more gens than reps were present. I think it's also a great opportunity to do a side by side with gens and reps without the AD sales person staring at you...it's amazing how far our reps have progressed, and it's nice to compare. It's also nice to compare our progression as collectors, where reps have been our transitional vehicles to gens...when I first saw my first Panerai, I didn't get it...now after having gone through 15+ reps, i own 4 reps and 4 gens...go figure.

besides, how often are we lucky enough to be in good company who don't think it's insane to talk about watches for hours on end...? :victory:

dave

@chief, we had dinner at town hall; the food was great and the staff didn't give us too much trouble for all of the watches :bangin:

we should definitely try do another GTG sometime soon; it really is a lot of fun talking watches with fellow collectors.

cheers :drunk:

deltatahoe

Hey Crick,

We'll get you on the next one! Shane, I've been fiending for a BP since yesterday too, I thought I had this obsession under control...I must...resist.

Yeah, something about the submersible gets addictive...the sub was my least favorite Panerai until I tried it on, definitely gets most of my wrist time more than my 111, 188 and 212. I sent strap culture an email for one of their gator straps today...yours sold me the minute I had it in my hands

dave :victory:

Yeah, something about the submersible gets addictive...the sub was my least favorite Panerai until I tried it on, definitely gets most of my wrist time more than my 111, 188 and 212. I sent strap culture an email for one of their gator straps today...yours sold me the minute I had it in my hands

I'm thinking either the "ultimate" Arktos or the 252 with V's CG.

I went to a couple of ADs in Orlando today and one of the sales reps couldn't stop gushing about the strap I had on. I'm wearing the one on the right today.

img_2714.jpg