When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best dealer that guarantees swiss ETA movement

OK I heard eurotimez is good but he's unavailable right now....Who else absolutely can I trust to send me a non clone eta movement....I trusted josh until last order when I opened up the daydate to find an asian clone at a swiss price...Its for my boss so I kind of need it now and reliable......;-) if you guys know what I mean......

thanks

hes away on holiday or something in bangkok....not even email get responded without the automatic reply garbage

He has an assistant who will help an take your order and let you know how long it will take.

OK I heard eurotimez is good but he's unavailable right now....Who else absolutely can I trust to send me a non clone eta movement....I trusted josh until last order when I opened up the daydate to find an asian clone at a swiss price...Its for my boss so I kind of need it now and reliable......;-) if you guys know what I mean......

thanks

Location, location, location.

Help us help you.

I trusted josh until last order when I opened up the daydate to find an asian clone at a swiss price...Its for my boss so I kind of need it now and reliable......;-) if you guys know what I mean......

thanks

So, I'm curious what the entire story on that one is... Did Josh advertise it as a genuine ETA, then you received an Asian movement, and Josh would not remedy this?

Also, try shooting Sead a PM over at RG.

Ok chris finally go back....

Yeah, I paid Joshua for a swiss eta and I got an asian clone....now its 40 bucks to send it back....The only bad thing is Ive heard these drop shippers just send back some other fixed-broken watch....

Im going to send it back and give him one chance....but trust me if he sends back anything other than a swiss eta....I will post details everywhere with huge nice pictures.....

Edited by jcmiro

How much are they then? :)

The lastest price I have is from Jules Borel @ $125.05 for an ETA 2836-2. I suspect that the rep makers are getting them for much less in bulk.Unfortunately, the installation of ETA clones in our reps has become fairly common in recent times. The clones seem to be of reasonably good quality but, I resent being charged the price of a true ETA movement for it.

Hmmmm with all this buzz about FAKE ETA movements i am wondering if an Asian Movement is finally better than a cloned ETA movement... Is there any difference? Because if there is no difference or so... what's the reason to prefer a... Swiss Sub to an Asian one?

Yeah, I paid Joshua for a swiss eta and I got an asian clone....now its 40 bucks to send it back....The only bad thing is Ive heard these drop shippers just send back some other fixed-broken watch....

Im going to send it back and give him one chance....but trust me if he sends back anything other than a swiss eta....I will post details everywhere with huge nice pictures.....

It's his mistake, you could ask in advance that he gives you a credit of the shipping fee (agree the fee in advance, as well as method etc) for future purchases, and get a strap returned with the correct watch, for example ?

Hmmmm with all this buzz about FAKE ETA movements i am wondering if an Asian Movement is finally better than a cloned ETA movement... Is there any difference? Because if there is no difference or so... what's the reason to prefer a... Swiss Sub to an Asian one?

I can't speak of the quality of the current Asian ETA clones, but my experiences with unserviced DG2813 movements are so far so good. My 2 Asian 7750 without chrono (automatic PAMs) and tricompax A7750 still work great without servicing. So Swiss is of no preference to me, unless it's a pre-oiled Swiss ETA7750/7753/2892 bought in a sealed bag.

In fact I'm about to sell my Swiss 2824 YM and keep the DG2813 one :)