When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches, what they say about you..Or those You just don't understand..

- I think PP Nautilus looks like a 1983 Sony Trinitron with bad reception. Its ugly as sin, thats why no one noticing them.

:lol: Clearly.

Priceless.

And another thing, why do you guys worry about the crown guards and datefonts on your Rolexes? All you have to do is get old (55+) and wear a Hawaiian shirt, and no one on Earth will think that your watch is fake for a second unless you try to pull off a faux chrono Daytona. Just hop on any Southwest flight any you are guaranteed to lose count of all the Submariners and TT DJs among the wrinkled elbows and white arm hairs.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch is like clothings. We can comment and critics on watch like we can do for clothings; classic style, sport syle, trash style (scrap jeans), casual (dockers), military, bling bling, signature clothings, marginal, etc. same for shoes...

I tried to build my watch collection like my wardrobe (not sure if I have the right term here, my english is so so), important is, "compatibility" with the clothings that you will put on.

For all comments that was said about:

- Rolex, HBB (look, I'm rich, I have sens of taste)

- Grahams (the gun trigger, watch out, you will receive a bullet)

- Diamond watch (I have so much money, that I don't know where to spend it),

- SeaXYZ (look, I can do sea diving with this watch at 100 000 000 000m under sea)

etc.

they are all true, so true. But the important is equilibrium. A chevy van with a diamond watch, it's like wearing a HugoBoss outfit with a Casio G shock :bad: , but a Casio G-Shock in moutain bike outfit, on a $3000 Mountain bike, going down moutain at 50km/hr, in dust and dirt, it will fit, but with a HBB (even a rep), man, return to do your homework.

Ok, now I need to vent...:evil2:

I HATE Panairai, so plain, case is so dull, even the hands are dull, there's is just the crown that is fun on this watch.

I HATE diamond watch, all of them. Sorry but that look fag. Period.

again (yes, again) I HATE diamond watch on rapper's all of you who know F*** nothing in watch stuff, you just trying to proof that you success in your life because you can buy these watch, and a your F*** Mercedes with magnesium wheel mag with the famous BANG BANG music in your trunk...oh yeah! YOU.

I HATE these 46mm watch, are you wearing watch for the person who is on the other side of the side walk ?

I HATE these GOLD Rolex, these old fashion model, with all scratch on crystal, with bracelet that is so slack, that some old men got, with gold chain on they're neck, and wrist, and big rings, with big eyeglass with, again, gold frame, they look like comming direcly from LasVegas, they smell gold at 10miles around. That stinks so much.

ok I'll stop here, I'm near to have a heart attack...

I feel better now...that's a true therapy, I think I'll continue to give for my Supporter membership.

Thank to listenning :hi: I'll sit down now.

For all comments that was said about:

- Rolex, HBB (look, I'm rich, I have sens of taste)

- Grahams (the gun trigger, watch out, you will receive a bullet)

- Diamond watch (I have so much money, that I don't know where to spend it),

- SeaXYZ (look, I can do sea diving with this watch at 100 000 000 000m under sea)

Ok, now I need to vent...

I HATE Panairai, so plain, case is so dull, even the hands are dull, there's is just the crown that is fun on this watch.

I HATE diamond watch, all of them. Sorry but that look fag. Period.

again (yes, again) I HATE diamond watch on rapper's all of you who know F*** nothing in watch stuff, you just trying to proof that you success in your life because you can buy these watch, and a your F*** Mercedes with magnesium wheel mag with the famous BANG BANG music in your trunk...oh yeah! YOU.

I HATE these 46mm watch, are you wearing watch for the person who is on the other side of the side walk ?

I HATE these GOLD Rolex, these old fashion model, with all scratch on crystal, with bracelet that is so slack, that some old men got, with gold chain on they're neck, and wrist, and big rings, with big eyeglass with, again, gold frame, they look like comming direcly from LasVegas, they smell gold at 10miles around. That stinks so much.

ok I'll stop here, I'm near to have a heart attack...

I feel better now...that's a true therapy, I think I'll continue to give for my Supporter membership.

Thank to listenning I'll sit down now.

etc.

Soooo Funny !!! You should be a comedian !...

Man Oh Man, I'm going to smile all day just thinking about this one.... ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Richard Tracy!

I salute you sir! This thread has been so fun to read and post in. what an awesome idea, and I feel GREAT!!

- I hate that jewlery stores try to charge $800 for a watch winder! I get it. You fooled and gouged me on the watch, I guess im stupid enough to pay that much for a leather covered electric motor out of a toothbrush now, yes?

- For every Fossil an archaeoligists digs up, 1000 Fossil watches should be buried in its place until mankind is rid of every single one of them.

John Glenn wore a Heuer in 1962 on his mission to orbit the earth. Therefore if anyone TAG Heuer was the first swiss watch worn in space. Omega was the first watch worn on the moon. On the way to the moon, they should've past a satalite wearing a t-shirt that said "TAG was here" Put that in an Omega add.

...John Glenn wore a Heuer in 1962 on his mission to orbit the earth. Therefore if anyone TAG Heuer was the first swiss watch worn in space. Omega was the first watch worn on the moon. On the way to the moon, they should've past a satalite wearing a t-shirt that said "TAG was here" Put that in an Omega add.

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

and..and...:rofl: if that wasn't enough for me, I have THE moon watch :rofl:...sorry, there's was no bigger font available than size 7... ho well....I repeat this thread is a real therapy :rofl:

:rofl: That ws a great rant Mag....

:drinks: I'm with you on all but the Panerai comment

Don't worry my friend (we all exagerate a little bit here, it's the fun of this thread), I was in a inch to buy a Panarai two months ago, but my girl friend didn't like it...so, you see, opinion can change...maybe in two months, I will want a 64k GOLD 50mm Rolex with full of black pearls on it ^_^

Well I have my watches sorted for:

*Fun (Franck Muller Crazy hours is an example).

*Dress (i.e. Railmaster XXL or Yacht-Master 16622).

*Casual/Sporty (Rolex Sub 16610 and 16803 [soon *drools*]).

*Battlefield ;) (UPO or Breitling Steelfish).

Hmm interesting thought,

I like a watch that fits what i wear and the occasion, They have to be strong if it is a daily watch and water proof, I have many different ways i have to dress for work, on some occasions it is a millitary version of a dinner Jacket based back in the 1900s with black tie, generaly with this i would wear the Porto chrono.

DSC00940.jpg

Other times i will be in a suit, The ingy goes great so does the railmaster and Aqua terra, or a radiomir

ingywristshot.jpg

To work the ingy, SOSF, Railmaster, Speedy moon watch, 177 and on a friday a Fiddy

DSCN3200.jpg

Out on the bike, same as above

In the garage i generaly take the watches off as they get damaged and damage the paint on the bikes

In the garden or the pond or any very dirty hard work my homemade sterile noob cased 1680 ish look alike or the 177.

DSCN3089-1.jpg

I like to think that the watches I wear fit my personality at the time, the way i am dressed and the location i am in. I am not a rich person because i have spent my money on the things I wanted, when i pulled up out side the IWC AD on a harley with tatty jeans and a leather vest it did not look that far out of place. Sat in the 5 star Grand Pupp hotel wearing a Kenberg Armani, suit and my rep ingy just looked so in place. If it was not for the fact that every one knows i collect reps i dont think any one has reason to question the authenticity of the watch i am wearing because of the way i look (maybe the fiddy at work) I always make that a thought when looking to buy a new watch. I think in the main i have quite conservative and fuctional taste in watches and may be that is the sort of person i am most of the time. I think those people that have me may agree???

My opinion (and it's just my opinion)- Who cares? It's just a watch :) If someone is judging or forming an opinion about another person based on what they have on their wrist, then they should perhaps consider taking a look at themselves first.

That said... I wear what I like, and that to me is all that matters. What does that say about me? I'd interpret it as: 'I enjoy my hobby, but I don't expect others to understand'.

:)

I've only read the first few posts and will now post my black & white views on watch brands vs. personality before I get biased by the other posts :p .

Rolex: 'Look what I can afford!'

Breitling: 'I'm a tough and no-nonsense guy'

Omega: 'Yes my dear, that is a SS watch under my tuxedo'

Tag Heuer: 'My watch is famous and can be seen in many advertisements'

IWC: 'I'm a rational thinking, sophisticated and structured person'

Panerai: 'Lifestyle is everything'

FM, UN, Cartier: 'I'm different'

Breguet, VC, Patek, Chronoswiss, Lange: 'I have an exquisite taste for the finer things in life and I can afford it'

Graham: 'When I was young, the other guys always made fun of me. Now I have the biggest watch of all'

U-Boat: 'Look at that guy wearing the Graham. He still doesn't get it! :lol:

My grandfather had one thing to say about watches -

"Patek means old money, Cartier means new money, Rolex means your plumbing supply business is doing well and Omega means your grandma is really happy you finally graduated liberal arts college"

I love his way of thinking :D .

i'm for panerai: lifestyle is everything.......thats a full time job...... ;) ;) ;)

rolli

I've only read the first few posts and will now post my black & white views on watch brands vs. personality before I get biased by the other posts :p .

Rolex: 'Look what I can afford!'

Breitling: 'I'm a tough and no-nonsense guy'

Omega: 'Yes my dear, that is a SS watch under my tuxedo'

Tag Heuer: 'My watch is famous and can be seen in many advertisements'

IWC: 'I'm a rational thinking, sophisticated and structured person'

Panerai: 'Lifestyle is everything'

FM, UN, Cartier: 'I'm different'

Breguet, VC, Patek, Chronoswiss, Lange: 'I have an exquisite taste for the finer things in life and I can afford it'

Graham: 'When I was young, the other guys always made fun of me. Now I have the biggest watch of all'

U-Boat: 'Look at that guy wearing the Graham. He still doesn't get it! :lol:

Well now that you mention it, and without any fear ,

I have never ever understood just WHAT any person, shape form or belief,

can see in Panerai, the real thing or otherwise.

They do absolutely nothing for me.

Also fully agree with the thoughts on diamonds, simply don`t like, aspire to them, wan`t them in any shape or form.

Something with an artificial inflated price kept high on the worlds market by an old school company De-Beers.

People berate rep watches , I berate and loathe diamonds. ( and Panerai ).

;)

Until about a week ago I totally didn't get it either - I thought they were at times plain, at times fugly, but I never ever imagined wanting one. But then I was browsing aimlessly at RG and came across "Strap Cultures" section and stumbled onto their catalog. Just to give you and idea until now I have bought a SSD and an Explorer I from Taka here on RWG. I dreamed (and still do) of an IWC Slevin, an Omega Aquaterra Coaxial... you get the idea.

But then I saw the pics at SC's section and WOW - I suddenly wanted one. Here is one of the pics that did it for me:

949-1.jpg

Now it is all I am thinking about and I finally bought a crappy second hand on RG which should arrive next week, just to see if I really want this - and if I do I will pay bucks for a nice one.

So my point is, never say never!

Now it is all I am thinking about and I finally bought a crappy second hand on RG which should arrive next week, just to see if I really want this - and if I do I will pay bucks for a nice one.

So my point is, never say never!

This is the beginning of the end..... You've been bitten by the Panerai bug :D

What a great thread. It got me thinking. hearing everyone's comments (I'm glad I came late to the thread)......I agreed with almost all of them. I have enough watches to wear a different one every day for more than a couple of months. What does that say about me??

Multiple personality disorder?

And mostly, my Gens sit in the box!

I kinda like changing brands on a daily basis. I'm all over the place when it comes to style.......and I wear them to please me.

I can count on the fingers of my hands how many times somebody noticed my watch. They were obviously serious watch addicts.

If someone's perception of me is based on WHAT WATCH I AM WEARING, what does that say about them??