When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the deal with this Tudor dial?

chris5264

The old 7016 dials by Beyeler were known to bubble up like this. It was more of an issue with the paint that was used for these dials; it's common to see many of the Beys from this reference/period exhibiting this type of surface flaw. Despite the grotesque appearance (in my opinion), many collectors seem to be okay with 7016 snowflakes with the dial in this condition- If anything, it's proof that the dial is original and not a refinish. Go figure (they're not my personal preference).

The problem was inherently solved when Rolex/Tudor switched to LePrelet as a dial supplier for the 9411's, etc.

PP- Your's really isn't that bad. Just looks textured. I've seen some that have very unevern bumps, lots of discoloring and a surface similar to that of the moon.

If I were to pick up an all original 7016, your's would be the one. Besides, that insert is to die for...

Thanks Ubi. Yeah i like it this way it has character. Would you believe it i swapped a slightly modded MBW 1680 for this Tudor although it had a crappy swatch movement in it i have now swapped it for an original Tudor 2483 i picked up on the Bay. It also came with a folded link bracelet :D

Cheers

P.

Thanks for the helpful comments. I'm going to consider this one,,,but not sure I can deal wtih the looks of that dial. However, at least the price is right. ;)

however, I could pick this one up for just a little more,,not a snowflake but still nice

hXXp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=3804661&rid=0