When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review/Pictorial of GUNNY Pam Straps

lazarini

Hi all.

I first contacted petergunny after reading his Pam 104 review from DSN where he also pictured a strap he handmade for his watch. I liked it so much i asked if he would consider making one for me and he agreed.

We exchanged a few PMs and emails where in one he asked me if i cud write a constructive review of his work when i receive the straps :huh:

I came back to him saying that maybe he shod ask someone else with better strap knowledge but he insisted to seek out a "common man" opinion so i said OK ill do it ;) my gf chanted in the end that if there's an opportunity to make one more for her and what do u know it was not a problem :rolleyes:

SPECS 24/24 both, A2 140/80 ,A3 120/70 , thickness cca 5mm, triple padded construction, hand sewn ruff edges vintagized B)

The work begun and updates followed in text as also in pictures ...

- the hide :

IMG_6125.jpg

- the tools and the materials :

IMG_6137.jpg

- so we have them cut lets glue them :

IMG_6128.jpg

- leave them dry :

IMG_6136.jpg

- one is sewn up :)

IMG_6157.jpg

- first with holes second one getting stitched :

IMG_6159.jpg

both completed looking good cheers pete :)

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

- packing them up and shipping to me ...

IMG_6182.jpg

As u can see there is a lot of work involved in this :o if peter was not so kind to update me with the progression pictures i would of have no idea ... Straps arrived in my office around 10 working days latter in pristine condition. Package was so to say bomb proof and there was no possible chance of damage on the way ...

I have the straps cca 2 weeks now and have worn mine in rotation. Strap is well constructed and the hide feels plesant on the skin. Also the strap is quite soft out of the box and will not require a break in period. This specific hide has a nice used vintagized look that maker even extended by creating a used looks at the lugs IMHO a nice touch from his side ;)

Stitching matches the hide nice all do maybe shod be a little more precise but for production straps 2 and 3 i think its above average!

I think these are great straps and what is for most made by one of our own members joining the likes of (V,Red 12,FrxAndy and others). Needles to say the strap can be customized on size, thickness or whatever idea u come with ... also from what he told me additional colors and hides are available!

Peter is a great guy and open to any ideas u might have so i urge u to give him a try u wont be disappointed.

I wanna also use this opp. to thank peter for sending this straps for review and also by being one of the EU GTG Raffle sponsors in Koln. (Kelsters review of his fiddy strap to follow ) :)

Last but not least im sure u would like to see how they look mounted --- look no further rolle the pics once more --- watches 111h & 112H straps curtesy of petergunny @ Gunny Straps :)

DSC02374.jpg

DSC02375.jpg

DSC02378.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

Hope u enjoyed this review/pictorial feel free to ask any questions ...

Kind regards Laz

Thanx Laz, love to make straps for you n nice dealing with you, nice review n very nice photograph from you :D . As Laz said, yes I have more variant of straps for a reasonable price, different leather n different style.

Cheers,

Peter.

great !! now i cant wait till my strap arrive !! ;)

cheers,

Frank

Hi Frank, just shipped it yesterday, here's the picture, bad picture I took with my cellphone right before packed, I add a bit brightness with phtoshp.

dsc00191mi6.jpg

wow...petergunny, u got skills!!

thanks to Lazarini for sharing...

Hi Voot!! thanx for all motivation you gave ;) . Will develop more variant of straps.

The one I know is on tandyleatherfactory.com, they have plenty of inventories.

Does anyone know where you can get one of those 'forks' used to make the stitch holes. I don't think I would ever be able to make any near that kind of quality straps but I sure would like to try.

Here I post some pictures of my other straps, as some PM asking about that.

1. Tan color, vintage looks, distressed, almost resemble the one at PAM 2005 catalogo page 11. (maybe doesn't match with the watch, it shud be better to suit 203 or 127 or 217 or any 1950 series), thickness +/- 5 to 6mm

img2165ym9.jpg

img2166fm2.jpg

2. Dark Brown color, printed leather, color is almost black, a bit thin +/- 4mm

img2070pq6.jpg

All is made to measure, any other question pls email to gunny.straps@gmail.com or PM me, Thanx.

Peter.