When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deep Sea Sea Dweller

vintagerolex

The only reps I have seen, so far, of the DSSD look like the 1 that Mark is selling, which is crap

dssd_rep.jpg

From Mark's description

Movement: Asia 21J Automatic with Smooth Sweeping Seconds Hand

CASE DIAMETER: 40mm

THICKNESS: 13mm

POS Asian movement, incorrect case dimensions, too-small CGs (never thought I would be saying that about a rep), fake-looking dial (with the old depth rating), etc., etc. I am sure the factories have or are near to releasing a much better version. Hopefully, it will be made to the same standards of quality/accuracy as the new GMTIIC & will be available with a gen ETA movement, but time will tell.

Here is the gen for comparison

DSC02878.jpg

The only reps I have seen, so far, of the DSSD look like the 1 that Mark is selling, which is crap. POS Asian movement, incorrect case dimensions, fake-looking dial, etc., etc. I am sure the factories have or are near to having a much better version. Hopefully, it will be of similar accuracy & quality to the new GMTIIC & available with a gen ETA movement, but time will tell.

You pays your money I suppose, it is only $50 after all...

i REALLY hope they make one from the same factory as the GMT IIc

I heard the gen isnt avail until after summer. Apparently rolex is going to stockpile them until the release date so make sure they have enough to satisfy demand. Im sure a LOT of people will buy these and toss them in their safe for the next 40 yrs as investments. I know i would if i could afford it. buy one for the safe, and one for the wrist :)

i REALLY hope they make one from the same factory as the GMT IIc

I heard the gen isnt avail until after summer. Apparently rolex is going to stockpile them until the release date so make sure they have enough to satisfy demand. Im sure a LOT of people will buy these and toss them in their safe for the next 40 yrs as investments. I know i would if i could afford it. buy one for the safe, and one for the wrist :)

I totally agree with u.. It was funny that the time of the announcement of the new Sea Dweller people here critisized it as a super ...ugly watch that will never buy it.. I am sure it will be a great success not only among buyers of the gen but also among us..

The SSD and the following GMT II Ceramic show (or at least i want to believe) that the faxctories are seriously involved now to deliver high quality RLX reps... I hopw we will see the same with the Deep Sea... As a diver.. i hope it will be a realiable watch to dive to modest depths as well (3 or 4 atm)

I totally agree with u.. It was funny that the time of the announcement of the new Sea Dweller people here critisized it as a super ...ugly watch that will never buy it.. I am sure it will be a great success not only among buyers of the gen but also among us..

I totally agree. I'd love to see the naysayers who screamed how much they hated this will just jump all over it once it comes out. I personally love this watch and think it's a great and worthy successor. Some people just don't like change. The Clownmaster 2 this ain't.

I totally agree. I'd love to see the naysayers who screamed how much they hated this will just jump all over it once it comes out. I personally love this watch and think it's a great and worthy successor. Some people just don't like change. The Clownmaster 2 this ain't.

exactly....

People will discover that the Deep Sea will be the first RLX after several models in the pipeline that will have a domed crystal!!!! It will look amazing...

The rep of the Deep Sea that already appeared is ugly ...but we should notice one thing... : If this rep actually exists , we are talking about a rep of a watch that is only announced and not being sold yet, meaning that the ''factories'' are very eager to construct this watch as soon as possible and they are aware of the future commercial success of it. ..That is very positive..