When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew's $158 111h

mjmurphy926

Hey all,

I just bought Andrew's $158 111h. All in all, it's a very nice rep. The biggest flaw I noticed was that the crown sat way too far out from the case. I moved it closer by filing the stem a little, filing the CG's contact points (or legs), and removing the o-ring style gasket. I was able to retain the other "flat" gasket which seems to still be doing the job of keeping the case water tight.

Next up is a dagger swan neck movement transplant, then off to get cannon pin fix, and super lume. I'm also trying to get a hold of a V CG and will be buying a T crown.

How does the crown placement look?

IMG_0081_edit_small.jpg

A couple more pix:

IMG_0077_edit_small.jpg

IMG_0069_edit_small.jpg

EDIT - to add a little more detail to the crown mod.

It looks very good, congrats!

Was it only the stem that kept the crown far out from the case? No need to also file down the crown tube?

It looks very good, congrats!

Was it only the stem that kept the crown far out from the case? No need to also file down the crown tube?

Thanks SS,

No work needed on the tube, but there were 2 gaskets, a round flat one and a round "o-ring" type. I had to remove the o-ring gasket, but it still seals and is water tight, at least in my sink :D

I am travelling down the same road, I have most of the pieces - just need to know where to source the Swanneck dagger movement ?

Well, I won a PVD homage w/dagger swan neck on ebay for $70. I was going to use that one, except now I think I'll save that for an homage project since it has no Panerai markings on it. I ordered Andrew's $228 177 with dagger swan neck. I'll swap that movement with the standard Asian movement the 111 came with. That way I'll still have a pretty nice 177 and a more accurate 111.

Thanks SS,

No work needed on the tube, but there were 2 gaskets, a round flat one and a round "o-ring" type. I had to remove the o-ring gasket, but it still seals and is water tight, at least in my sink :D

This makes sense.

Great!

Thanks.

Dagger swan neck @ 158 USD would be a very good price.

Doesn't this watch come with a swan neck/dagger movement? From the website, the movement looks like a swan neck. Can you take a pic of your movement? Thanks

disco,

You must be confusing the 111 with the 177 I also mentioned in this thread. I just double checked Andrew's site and the $158 111h shows non-swan neck.

And mine definitely has no swan neck. You will probably notice the beveled gears that aren't standard on this movement. I added those.

IMG_0091_small.jpg

@andy - The cannon pin does look good in the pix I posted, in reality though, it is recessed.

disco,

You must be confusing the 111 with the 177 I also mentioned in this thread. I just double checked Andrew's site and the $158 111h shows non-swan neck.

And mine definitely has no swan neck. You will probably notice the beveled gears that aren't standard on this movement. I added those.

@andy - The cannon pin does look good in the pix I posted, in reality though, it is recessed.

mj,

Sorry, I misread "Andrew" as "Angus" because both are offering the PAM111h for $158. Angus' has the swan neck.

Angus' 111h