When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who sells PAM253 with sans serif subdial font?

Timepiece

After two years and one (sold) 40mm PAM I finally know what I want: a PAM 253 Regatta flyback!!

BUT... the question is who is selling the rep with a correct dial font (sans serif) at 3, like this:

PAM253Regatta2006.jpg

I asked Silix, but no reply. I checked PT Swiss, Sash and Joshua, but all their pics show a subdial with a serif '10'.

Anybody recently successful? :huh:

it has not sapphire, but mineral.

It is common known that the glasses crack a lot. And i mean a lot, not just once in a while. As a small reseller i can know.. If you want to go for long term and even do modifications, better directly buy an extra case with glass, or just the extra glass.

The rubber replica strap kinda sucks. Very sticky and attracts a lot of dust and dirt.

Besides all that, it is a great watch. I have a modded one. Movement serviced, new lume, mineral ar coated. But still not been able to get the sapphire.

Cheers,

J.

Joshua sells the watch that you want. He has an older model picture on his website. But the watch he ships has the correct font on the "1"

I bought mine from him. The only problem is that the "6" and "12" are thinner than the GEN. To me that is a bigger problem than the serif on the "1"

EDIT: I believe the sapphire crystals are much more prone to cracking than the mineral.

The only problem is that the "6" and "12" are thinner than the GEN. To me that is a bigger problem than the serif on the "1"

Can't that be fixed with a relume?

P.s. Although I am thinking about a Manifatture Sport Tech strap, has anybody got good tips for 'non-dusty' PAM rubber?

EDIT: I believe the sapphire crystals are much more prone to cracking than the mineral.

In the case of a sapphire crystal versus a glass crystal, the sapphire is more scratch resistant but considerably more brittle.

As a result, a sapphire crystal is more likely to chip or crack than is glass counterpart if both are subjected to an equally hostile stress (banging, etc.).

Dealer PAM111 is claiming that his 4 versions (Asia, Swiss, Asia + AR, Swiss + AR) of PAM 253 all have sapphire crystals.

At least they still have the serif subdial date font...

PT informed me that his version has 2 Black recessed subdials and claims that to be an 'Improved version'.

It has also super AR. If that is as good as on my PT Superocean Steelfish I would be happy!! ;)

Can't that be fixed with a relume?

P.s. Although I am thinking about a Manifatture Sport Tech strap, has anybody got good tips for 'non-dusty' PAM rubber?

I have one of these, which I wear on my 029a, my 104 and the One Eight Something. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. The strap is butter-soft, and does not attract dust. The deployant also operates smoothly, and locks securely. Would I recommend the dealer? Well, I've bought most of my watches from Tony, and ordered one for myself, and one for my wife last night B)

PT informed me that his version has 2 Black recessed subdials and claims that to be an 'Improved version'.

It has also super AR. If that is as good as on my PT Superocean Steelfish I would be happy!! ;)

Don't see it on his website. Is it mineral or sapphire crystal?

I am waiting for the "super duper double secret AR" version to come out. ;)

Don't see it on his website. Is it mineral or sapphire crystal?

I am waiting for the "super duper double secret AR" version to come out. ;)

It takes some tricks to scroll to the bottom of his Panerai submenu where the PAM253 is listed :D

But I just asked him by e-mail to send me more details and a pic:

The answer:

"FRONT GLASS: Mineral Glass with Super AR"

Flyback2531.jpg

It takes some tricks to scroll to the bottom of his Panerai submenu where the PAM253 is listed :D

Thanks.

I always have a hard time navigating his website. Very circular. Gotta love the music though. Mission Impossible?

AR on the watch he is showing doesn't look that good though.

So i just replied in this topic some days ago. about the quality of the PAM253 which sucks. Not the looks, because that is the best!

Like if the Devil was playing with it. Today i was sitting in the sun, 28 degrees Celsius, enjoying a drink. And BAMM.... pling pling... the glass just went of half a meter. The second time. Now i really have had it with this watch.....

I am a small reseller and i must have changed the glass for this model at least 6 times already!!!!

And for my own watch, this is the 2nd time in just HALF a year. And i NEVER ever bumped my big PAM253 against any object...

This sucks.. I did a relume, i did a complete The Zigmeister service of the movement and now i have a watch case which makes the glass pop out every couple of months.....

You still want the PAM253??

Thanks.

AR on the watch he is showing doesn't look that good though.

Yeah, nothing OEM rep beats a K2222 or Chieftang treatment right!

I can tell with my by Jakub treated SMP Bond (still have to update my avatar pic though).

I will probably look for a version with non treated AR crystal and send the case to Jakub.

But seeing all the alarming posts, I would not be pleased with repetitive cracking crystals...