When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to sell a Rolex rep legally on Ebay

georgegrasser

Now why not just take it to a second opinion? And what man would let his wife fail to get a proper apprasial and just throw a gen on Ebay with no reserve?

Updated: 06/29/2008 05:46:59

Face it, a solid gold watch weighs about three times what a rep weighs, any idiot can tell in a second. He knows it's a rep.

Plus- "He works on the railroad and never wears a watch"??

What guy is going to say no to a solid gold Rolex because he can't wear it at work? ROFLMAO!

Here is the last email I received from the eBay poster..LOL..

"Wait a minute, now you are stating that I am selling black market nike clothing? Are you for real? These are my own clothing. You have me all wrong.

Another thing, if I knew that I was selling a fake watch, do you really think that I would be so dumb to make the mistakes that you are accusing me of? I just received this watch, we dont wear expensive watches around here, and we dont need it. I bought a nice box that I thought went with the watch, I bought some manuals for it, simple as that. I dont know anything about these stupid watches, for gods sake. I am not a criminal, Im a homemaker with 4 kids sitting in a rural town, not a new yorker trying to scam people."

OMG..I can't believe that I am wasting my Sunday doing this....

I emailed her stating that I worked for Rolex's Fraud Prevention Task Force and that I had been given her personal information from eBay's fraud division. You will note that the item has been taken down...

And the point of that was what exactly????? <_<

I was just having a little fun...you should see the emails that have gone back and forth. They are hilarious. I guess the point is I don't have a problem with reps, I love them. I just didn't like the shady way she was going about it.

Carls, not trying to start anything, but why do you think that? The eBay listing was extremely shady. If you knowingly seek a rep then you go into it with fairly good disclosure as to what you are getting. This listing was alluding to the fact that it could be a gen, thus misleading the customer. Maybe I am missing something...I am all ears.

Pfran:

I thought what you dd was really cool. I hate it when someone lists an item as if we are idiots. There was another of the Red Rolex box listed. That one had yet to reach $30. So the "gift" had great influence.

"Stupid expensive watches". I should ask her for "stupid expensive car". She probably does not know anything about them either.

Guest carlsbadrolex
Carls, not trying to start anything, but why do you think that? The eBay listing was extremely shady. If you knowingly seek a rep then you go into it with fairly good disclosure as to what you are getting. This listing was alluding to the fact that it could be a gen, thus misleading the customer. Maybe I am missing something...I am all ears.

Contacting Ebay would not have been a bad idea. Getting in to a discussion with a person over something as stupid as that is simply a waste of time. I understand that she did remove the listing, but you elude to the fact that there have been multiple emails between the two of you. And you dont know that she removed the listing because of your contact. IN FACT, if I were here I would have left the auction up CHALLENGING YOU to do something about it. What I feel was uncalled for is misrepresenting yourself. Had you wrote ebay and reported it as a replica... COOL.

Even emailing the seller and saying, "WTF"... would be alright IF YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SPARE TIME TO SPEND.

But writing the seller and misrepresenting yourself was IMHO childish.

Contacting Ebay would not have been a bad idea. Getting in to a discussion with a person over something as stupid as that is simply a waste of time. I understand that she did remove the listing, but you elude to the fact that there have been multiple emails between the two of you. And you dont know that she removed the listing because of your contact. IN FACT, if I were here I would have left the auction up CHALLENGING YOU to do something about it. What I feel was uncalled for is misrepresenting yourself. Had you wrote ebay and reported it as a replica... COOL.

Even emailing the seller and saying, "WTF"... would be alright IF YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SPARE TIME TO SPEND.

But writing the seller and misrepresenting yourself was IMHO childish.

Carl, I did contact eBay and reported the listing. She told me that eBay had taken it down and that I was the first person to seriously confront her re: the watch. That said, I do see your side of things and I'll admit that I was a bit childish in the way I handled the situation. I felt bad when she contacted me later that night with the following:

"Mr. PXXX, thank you again. Am I in trouble with Ebay though? What do I do now? I need to sell my clothing to make ends meet around here...my son is in the baseball allstars and we have to travel to tournaments this summer....please dont close down my ebay..."

I think I took it a little too far.

Guest avitt

pfran42, the only way to save your honor now would be to buy the watch from her yourself... It's the right thing to do.

Considering that grief that you've caused, you should consider paying 2X her asking price. ;)

Ok, let me see if I get this straight:

Someone buys a watch box and manual valued, quite possibly, more than the rep that she is trying to pass off as a gen and she does this "unknowingly"? Then, when spooked, she comes up with a real tear jerker and now we feel bad? You have to be kidding me. I have no sympathy for her. Con people are masters at exactly that, manipulating others by taking advantage of their ignorance and/or feelings. They are truly master psychologists. And, look in this specific case ... it works!

Edited by Nouns Defions