When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Replica Ever

loner12345

I do not remember who it was, but a few months ago someone posted pics of a really nice looking rep of a modded vintage Rolex-built Panerai (you could see the Rolex badging on 1 of the bridges through the back, even though the gen probably did not have a see-through caseback). I thought I had saved the pics, but I guess not. Anyone know which watch this is?

@freddy333, you thinking of this one?

deltatahoe

I think this may fit the bill.

DW with gen 7835 bracelet, pushers, crystal, crown/tube & V72 assembled from the best of 3 donor 72s & modded with a combination of jewelryandwatch & other parts found on the bay

623920031.jpg

623920121.jpg

dw6239_modded.jpg

I assume you are not including frankens constructed from 100% gen parts (which is essentially a gen).

Well, you would think so. While visiting the Panerai boutique a few months ago I was told of a 203 that was a fake, fooled them all at the boutique, but was not genuine despite the fact that all parts were legit. So, somebody got all the parts somehow. Ironically, Panerai simply returns watches that are not legit--Rolex surely wouldn't be that nice. I wish I'd seen the watch of course. Here's a borrowed pic of this beauty.

pam203a.jpg