When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Bang King Palladium

Guest nikos1978

What about the platinum plating? Could someone comment on that? Is it really platinum?

No way to know for sure what was done/used, and who will drop $800 to find out? not many..... :nonono:

They really messed up here, I mean it's a damn big fugly watch :yuk:

Why not forget the plating and just use steel anyway, it would look OK and cost, what $350 max? :rolleyes:

$758....i just puked a little bit in my mouth.

seriously, i would buy it if it was in the $450 range, but close to $800...you gotta be kiddin me. :thumbdown:

I know the makers are tripping :p

Remember that white gold plated, 2892 based Yachtmaster that disappeared without a trace? That was about $600 with an Asian clone too.....

Hey, somebody let me know if my math is off:

10cm x 10cmx 10 microns=.1 cubic cm

.1 cm3 x 21.5 (specific grav. of Pt; jewelers platinum is lighter but as a plating I assume it's pure?)=2.15 grams= 0.0758390182 ounces

Platinum is crazy high right now at almost $2K per ounce, so $2K x 0.00758390182 = $151.68 for 10 microns of Platinum with the area of a large Post-It (10cm x 10cm).

Also, the average human hair is 10 times thicker at 100 microns.

So now I'm really curious how thick the plating is. BTW, you can get stuff platinum plated at this place in Michigan.

Hey, somebody let me know if my math is off:

10cm x 10cmx 10 microns=.1 cubic cm

.1 cm3 x 21.5 (specific grav. of Pt; jewelers platinum is lighter but as a plating I assume it's pure?)=2.15 grams= 0.0758390182 ounces

Platinum is crazy high right now at almost $2K per ounce, so $2K x 0.00758390182 = $151.68 for 10 microns of Platinum with the area of a large Post-It (10cm x 10cm).

Also, the average human hair is 10 times thicker at 100 microns.

So now I'm really curious how thick the plating is. BTW, you can get stuff platinum plated at this place in Michigan.

Wow! You seem to know your stuff :)

Though I have a hard time seeing the rep makers shell out 150 bucks per watch just for coating?

Cheers,

Pedro

remember the BS that the dealers told us that there is no profit for the factories to put Super Luminova on the dial and hands of the reps...and now suddenly they put platinum on the case/bezel....C'MON...who do you think we are? morons?!!!

101% of us could care less if they platinum plated the watch or not....but 90% of us would be more than happy to buy superlumed PAMs rather than sending them here and there and paying for shipping+service...waiting them to pass the customs or get stolen or lost...

we have to stop this BS!!!