When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine GMTIIc Rolex Mag

lanikai

Refer to this new thread....... http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=77555

Edit to Add:

The mag in question is not saphire.. although sold to watchsmiths and used on genuine Rolex watches it is mineral glass ... we need saphire for this to work..

My apologies .. to the members after double checking with the crystal department this is what I ws told today.. i was tole=d differently yesterday but I assume respnosibility for the erroneous info

There are 2 more sources to check out .. the original one I had in mind .. but those mags will have to be removed from the crystal .. i will order one today to verify correct magX see if they will detach from the xtal.

however this is considerably $$.. but I am trying to work out a group buy

More to follow.. and again my apologies forgetting your hopes high..

Lani

The Genuine cyclops for the Rolex GMTIIc cyclops can be had

It will be at a cost (for the mag only) 2.50 usd (not AR'd)

is there an interest ??

I would like to place an order as quickly as possible ... as it alway's is the longer we wait .. availablity.. etc.

let me know ASAP

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Edit to Add: I have placed an order .. I will assume responsibility for the verification.... please put down your name and let's limit this first order for the AR run to 2 each.. and then later seperately do another one for your other watches .. otherwise it will get to confusing..(for me)

Guest carlsbadrolex

Count me in for 3 and I am leaving for home with the digital calipers from my office... be back in about an hour with measurements.

The cyclops on my chs rep measures 5.65 x 6.96mm.

Rolex has 4 sizes and the GMTIIc fits only one size according to my crude measurements.. but it is the closest to the large..

which is 6.5 x5.5 ... again this is the genuine rolex cyclops..

6.5 x 5.5 is probably the correct size.

The cyclops on my chs rep measures 5.65 x 6.96mm.

remember that the rep sizes may not match the genuine.. the GMTIIc was taken from the genuine as sample and the Rolex (Genuine) has 3..(now 4) definative sizes there is no cyclops in the genuine that measures 5.65 x 6.96 .. illustrating the difference in accuracy with the mags.. IMO ..... so the 5.65 width is off by .10 and the legnth off by .06

correction.. the legnth on the genuine Large is 6.9 .. by my crude measurement,... the rep is this too.... ...

Lani - based on the options you listed, the 6.5 x 5.5 is clearly the closest. While the rep cyclops may not be the exact dimensions of the gen cyclops, I think both watches look similar enough that that should be the correct size. But I guess it would not hurt to get a 2nd measurement from another member before placing an order.

Lani - based on the options you listed, the 6.5 x 5.5 is clearly the closest. While the rep cyclops may not be the exact dimensions of the gen cyclops, I think both watches look similar enough that that should be the correct size. But I guess it would not hurt to get a 2nd measurement from another member before placing an order.

copy that freddy !!.. at least this way there's no down time on the watches while they are being coated ... and actually if chief ok's it,.. it can go out all at once from Hawaii .. makes more sense than 20 or 30 different envelopes..

copy that freddy !!.. at least this way there's no down time on the watches while they are being coated ... and actually if chief ok's it,.. it can go out all at once from Hawaii .. makes more sense than 20 or 30 different envelopes..

That was my thinking as well.

Excellent points lanikai - Mahalo for the effort. Count me in for a couple.

Edited by jake48

I was offered a set of 4 gen cyclopses 4 years ago at $24/each. And with the way Rolex parts prices have been heading for Mars, I am kind of doubtful that these would now be available for so much less. But, hey, even if they are the same rep cyclops that we have on our watches now, I still see $2.50/each as a great buy.

I was offered a set of 4 gen cyclopses 4 years ago at $24/each. And with the way Rolex parts prices have been heading for Mars, I am kind of doubtful that these would now be available for so much less. But, hey, even if they are the same rep cyclops that we have on our watches now, I still see $2.50/each as a great buy.

Yea, they're not gen Rolex, but if they're sapphire and designed to gen specs then they're a great deal. I might suggest to lanikai to verify one sample before taking mass orders... Speaking from experience, of course. :)

I would take 4 - and thank you Lanikai for finding this and making them available!!

:)

Molto grazie Lani, due per favore.

Like kidneys and eyeballs, nature decreed that two is always better than one :D

What are we looking at to get these AR'd Chief?

Figurati !!!! B)

chieftang Posted Today, 02:48 PM

Yea, they're not gen Rolex, but if they're sapphire and designed to gen specs then they're a great deal. I might suggest to lanikai to verify one sample before taking mass orders... Speaking from experience, of course.

copy that chief ... when I asked if it were genuine I was told it was.. could it be that rolex sources these out ??.. could be some very old stock.. as there is not much demand for them alone..as you say as long as the dimensions are correct..

I might suggest this ..

Limit the orders for these that are going to be AR'd to 2 a piece for now .. and I will have a sample in hand by the end of the week for pics with it on a crystal and magnifying the font ... but I am confident that if Sharon tells me their all good it will be just that..

no payment for orders until they are ready to be shipped to you

I will pay for the shipping to chief in bulk but members need to send a self addressed envelope with postage on it to chief..or to me .. then I can send everything out at once..

just some suggestions...

I'd take 1. Lani, what other models might they fit?

I imagine they would fit all the Sub models .... GMT's Explorers .. but J let me verify.. first by the end of the week .. or at least verify everythin with Sharon...

for this run lets keep it contained to what you want AR'd as I don't want to start sending things all over the planet... we can alway's make another buy.. after..

5.45 x 6.94

Using calibrated digital calipers...

yuppers... that would be the large size ... wonder what the 8.0 goes on ??

i asked Sharon Twice... 2.50 ?.. she told me two dollars and fifty cents .. what if it's 250.00 :shock: ... :whistling: .. as he leaves town...

my account just took a major hit !!.. you guy's didn't know I have a (edit) watch parts,.. distribution company.. Sharon hooked me up ... :D