When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking to get a Tourbillon watch...

bTrizzy

Which one?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Homer's
    • River's

Yeah I could be wrong but Homer's doesn't seem to have the two transfer gears for the handwind system (one winding gear right to the mainspring barrel as opposed to two transfer gears in between... just food for thought... )

Yeah I could be wrong but Homer's doesn't seem to have the two transfer gears for the handwind system (one winding gear right to the mainspring barrel as opposed to two transfer gears in between... just food for thought... )

Mate....is that a good thing or a bad thing? Am a total clunk when it comes to movements.

Mate....is that a good thing or a bad thing? Am a total clunk when it comes to movements.
Two different manufacturers, two different Tourbillon movement designs, that is the only reason for the four transfer gears in the Seagull movement of River's which was first to come out. Homer's uses a later different movement made by Million Smart.

If you want to see a great watch made by Seagull itself, the movement maker, check THIS ONE out with the added complications.

Two different manufacturers, two different Tourbillon movement designs, that is the only reason for the four transfer gears in the Seagull movement of River's which was first to come out. Homer's uses a later different movement made by Million Smart.

If you want to see a great watch made by Seagull itself, the movement maker, check THIS ONE out with the added complications.

Which movement is better? The Million Smart or the modified Seagull?

Nice Seagull watch. Where to get one and how much?

Had contacted Homer about this...and he suggested going for a SS version....says it's more wearable. My personal preference is RG with white face.

Still sitting on the fence about whether to get this one.....or wait for someone somewhere to come up with a tourby in 43/44mm + size.

How does plating hold over time? And what did Homer say specifically about the plating?

it really comes down to the use of the piece.. and your own acid level.. everyone is different.. :D

the RG is gorgeous but the SS .. you don't have to be concerned at all...just how much do you want to invest ? and do you know a jeweler who can plate ?

it really comes down to the use of the piece.. and your own acid level.. everyone is different.. :D

the RG is gorgeous but the SS .. you don't have to be concerned at all...just how much do you want to invest ? and do you know a jeweler who can plate ?

I don't know a jeweler who can plate. But how hard is it to find one who can? And how much would it cost?

By the way (and some may disagree) but the deployant clasp on mine was garbage (loose). So I went to a large chain watch dealer today wearing this (no one rule 25 me, it's not a rep) and literally every sales person + the "watchmaker" came over and ohhed and ahhed...anyways, since I've brought some gens from them, I asked if they could place a stock tang buckle on the strap.

About five minutes later, there was a very solid looking buckle on my leather strap at no charge... I highly recommend you change to the tang buckle!!

Arg, just noticed that the 1 marker is cut-off and the 4 marker is IIII instead of IV. This complicates things....

why does the fact that the '4 marker' is IIII rather than IV bother you?

if someone handed you this Breuget you wouldnt complain:

BreugetGen.jpg

or this one:

BreugetGen3.jpg