When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Change of taste - Went for white dial PAMs

jitai

Have seen too many black or brown dial PAMs.

I never consider White dial PAMs before as I thought the dark colour dial look more manly.

Guess what? I was wrong.

White dials PAMs truly are beautiful.

Here's my best 2.

2638773026_3f1f3f44eb_o.jpg

Special thanks to C*** (you know who you are) and Justaguy88 ;)

My 113 is my first ever white dialled watch. My VCO doesn't count as 1) The dial was off-white, and 2) I never bonded with it so gave it away. I have to admit, I've grown really attached to it really quickly, even though it has several glaring flaws (such as a white second sweep hand :D ) The white dial looks slightly larger than the black counterparts, but I know that this is an optical illusion because of the colors. Although the white dial watches, I feel, at least, make nice dress watches, there is also something incredibly casual about them. Black looks good for either, but is 'always on duty'. White dial, under a cuff, looks smart, white dial, sleeves rolled up, and it is 'off duty'.

I'm really glad I bought mine, and would encourage any other PAM enthusiast to add a white dial to their collections :good:

I picked up my 03T last summer primarily because it was the only gen dial franken I'd ever had the opportunity to buy. I'm still surprised how often I wear it--way more often than my gen 86 or near 1-1 005. There's something about the (I think) hand painted numbers that are just beautiful.

I picked up my 03T last summer primarily because it was the only gen dial franken I'd ever had the opportunity to buy. I'm still surprised how often I wear it--way more often than my gen 86 or near 1-1 005. There's something about the (I think) hand painted numbers that are just beautiful.

I agree about the quality of the dial and the painted numbers. When you compare the genuine white and black dials it is obvious that the numbers on the white dials are painted onto the flat dial but the lumed digits on the B - G series black dials are 'cut outs' in a thin sandwich layer, similar in construction to the later, thicker sandwich type dials.