When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh no

sander

FEDEX...bad decision.... reg airmail was always the best thing but I talked to Andrew and he is not shipping with reg airmail anymore......Big chance that your name will be on a blacklist when it is openend..Just pray that the guy opening it don't know what he is talking about...good luck m8

Well, it will turn out to be contrabande and the best you can do from my perspective is to claim ignorance (I didn't order any watches... )and have them return it to China. Once it is in the hand o customs .. you are pretty much f*cked. This is the reason why I have chosen to exclusively buy from Dealers that ship from within the EU or fellow members within the EU. I have had too many custom issues in the past year.

I probably sound like a broken record... and I know this won't make you feel any better. But once again:

If you're in Scandinavia, Switzerland or in any of the Benelux countries, ONLY BUY FROM THE EU-BASED DEALERS!!! You'll wait a few weeks longer and (probably) pay a bit of extra, but that's a small price for the peace of mind.

And if you absolutely HAVE to buy from China (for whatever reason beyond my comprehension), ask the dealer to ship it in a registered standard airmail. Never, ever use FEDEX or any other commercial courier system!!!

Either way... I'm very sorry to hear about your watch. It's terrible. Been there, done that. Three times actually, and reg. airmail didn't make any difference. That was enough for me, and I don't feel like pushing the sh*t uphill anymore. :(

Have the dealer ship the watch inside a golf club... fools everyoone involved... every time!!! ;)

I'm curious. How would you put a watch inside a golf club? I assume it would have to be a driver or wood. Even if you managed to get a watch inside the club head, it would have to be welded back together so retreiving the watch would be rater difficult, wouldn't you say?

Some have screws on the head!

To the poster that said they have no right to open it. You will find they have and you have signed giving them permission under their terms and conditions of transit.

Putting it inside something else is stupidity if they pull it they will scan it and find whatever is inside 100% guaranteed to be seized and no defense as they will say why was it concealed if you or the sender thought it was ok that can lead it to another level if the customs get shirty about it.

Best way is post office couriers do their own customs checks and clearing in most cases and are far more keen than the customs themselves.

They have to be they are terrified they will lose the right to self declare and not be able to meet deadlines because of custom delays.

Registered air mail is the safest way of all mostly because the sender doesn't have to make a declaration as to content of package so if it is pulled it is purely on chance and not because it's a gift or a sample on the declaration

Once again :huh:

I'm trully sorry that happens to the OP. :(

I can't understand why members living in the EU still order from China/Far east.

Even if the dealer tells you "Yes, Registered AirMail" they do drop ship anyway and their factories use EMS/Fedex/Dhl.

Not that the dealer doesn't want to help...they do, but it's out of thier own control.

I got only two packs delivered with Reg Mail (from Josh). And that was a long time ago, before they said (Josh and Andrew) that they wouldn't offer this shipping method anymore.

Precious Time UK, Narika, Eurotimez, TTK do deliver transiting to a EU country first.

Why continue to look for complications? :bangin:

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it will turn out to be contrabande and the best you can do from my perspective is to claim ignorance (I didn't order any watches... )and have them return it to China. Once it is in the hand o customs .. you are pretty much f*cked. This is the reason why I have chosen to exclusively buy from Dealers that ship from within the EU or fellow members within the EU. I have had too many custom issues in the past year.

How would you suggest someone in the USA order?