When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquaracer Day Date Torture Test

ruelcortez

I believe I am the first owner of this model who tried a test.

My aquaracer was bought last December 2007. Last February I got bored, I went to a Seiko Authorised Service Centre and asked them for a favour. I asked them to modify my watch same as tough (a bit closer maybe) as the original. So he have done few changes:

(1) Changed the spring bars and pins to a descent one with thicker barrels

(2) Replace the 7750 automatic wheel

(3) Oiled and calibrated the engine including the date alignment

(4) Calibrated the day/date. Date changes at 11:55 PM and Day will change at 12:15 AM

(5) Replace chrono pushers and crown stem's gaskets

(6) Water pressured (okay it's not 300M) only to 50M

(7) He claimed that he shocked proofed the entire engine and movement (I have no idea what he was talking about)

(8) tighten hands on dials and subdials

Right after receiving it on a 7-day labour for this watch, time for a torture test.

Try this at your own risk, do not blame me after any damage has taken place on your watch. This is my own opinion and am willing to sacrifice the watch just for the sake of observations and experimentations to help other owners' curiosity.

Here we go:

1. Torture Test 1. Soaked the watch with the chrono off to bath tub full of water. - Passed. PS Bubbles came not from inside only from the Rotating bezel and bracelet

2. Torture Test 2. Soaked the watch again with chrono on the same location. Passed. Same bubbles after on exact locations.

3. Torture Test 3. Dropped the watch with chrono (4 times) on a 7 feet high to a carpet. Passed. Slight scratches due to impact from bracelet to case back

4. Torture Test 4. Dropped the watch with chrono on a 7 feet high to a concrete. Slight passed, chrono stopped but after resetting it works again. Got high impact scratches on the crown but unnoticeable.

5. Torture Test 5. Dropped the watch to a concrete with face down, Miraculously it did not damage the glass. Same side effects as above,

6. Worn the watch while having shower. No damage.

These are my own test, will see the watch after some time. Will keep you posted for any results.

• 3 months later...